Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,687

3 members and 2,684 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Please Include Your State

Please include your state of residence when selling your snakes. If your location isn't included in your profile, please tell us were you live. With temps being so hot in many parts of the country, shipping right now may not be advisable.

Thank You!
    Jim Smith

ps Mods and Admins, I'm sorry, but I get frustrated when looking at these "for sale" ads and don't know where the snake is located. Just my own little pet peeve

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j_h_smith For This Useful Post:

joepythons (07-23-2010),muddoc (07-23-2010),Oxylepy (07-23-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Please Include Your State

I can't,

The only states I am ever in are flustered and befuddled.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

I fully understand you Jim. I see many ads that say local pick-up only, but they don't have their location in their profile, and do not list their city, state in the ad.

While we are on pet peeves, my other is not listing the species in an ad. I see plenty of ad titles that say male Albino for sale. Then in the ad, there is no picture, and no species. While I admit this is BALL-PYTHONS.net, not everyone is selling a Ball Python. There are many species that have established Albino lines. Please at least tell us if it is an Albino Ball, Albino Sulcata or Albino Pixie frog.

Rant complete.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muddoc For This Useful Post:

cathys99471 (08-11-2010),j_h_smith (07-23-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    I can't,

The only states I am ever in are flustered and befuddled.

dr del

Tell us something we don't know.

Jim Smith

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    Tell us something we don't know.

Jim Smith
    There is an interesting offshoot of M-theory that posits the existence of at least two distinct types of universe and that our current reality is infact the result of the interaction between one of each being in close proximity and, on occasion, colliding and rebounding.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

muddoc (07-23-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

There is an interesting offshoot of M-theory that posits the existence of at least two distinct types of universe and that our current reality is infact the result of the interaction between one of each being in close proximity and, on occasion, colliding and rebounding.

dr del
    1. That is quite possibly the trippiest metaphysical postulation I've heard in at least a month or so.

2. I didn't know that anyone was breeding albino pixie frogs ..!

3. It drives me NUTS when people don't put a price in their add, and put "send offers" or "email for price" instead. I can kinda sorta see it for super rare, expensive or unusual animals, but for species that are relatively common in the marketplace, please try to come up with at least a ballpark price to stick up there ... Please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent_Nirvana View Post
    1. That is quite possibly the trippiest metaphysical postulation I've heard in at least a month or so.

2. I didn't know that anyone was breeding albino pixie frogs ..!

3. It drives me NUTS when people don't put a price in their add, and put "send offers" or "email for price" instead. I can kinda sorta see it for super rare, expensive or unusual animals, but for species that are relatively common in the marketplace, please try to come up with at least a ballpark price to stick up there ... Please?
    I just tend to pass over those animals. If it was insanely great looking I might inquire, but generally if there's no price listed I don't bother.

Thanks

What bothers me is also when people do not list the pricing or tell you to offer. That just bothers me strongly.

Also what gets me is when the person knows nothing about what they are selling. Not hard to get online and do some research when you had the thing..

And the thing that bothers me MOST is when people try to over price it and say you're wrong about the price you offer even though you know it's the right price. Someone tried selling me a black back Ball python for $80 because that's appearantly what black backs cost, even though that's just an add on and not an actual morph..
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioTiffany View Post
    What bothers me is also when people do not list the pricing or tell you to offer. That just bothers me strongly.

Also what gets me is when the person knows nothing about what they are selling. Not hard to get online and do some research when you had the thing..

And the thing that bothers me MOST is when people try to over price it and say you're wrong about the price you offer even though you know it's the right price. Someone tried selling me a black back Ball python for $80 because that's appearantly what black backs cost, even though that's just an add on and not an actual morph..
    There are genetic black backs out there, usually dominant or co-dom.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioTiffany View Post
    Just to disagree, but if someone feels their animal is worth a set amount, then you have the option of not buying it. As a seller I don't like being told my animals are too expensive.

Every year I try to price my animals at market value, and every year I get dozens of low ball offers with people telling me "oh, I saw one for X amount cheaper than yours" and I politely tell them that I price my animals for what I think they're worth and if they feel its too much then they can buy from whatever breeder they saw that price.

Point is, if someone prices it more than you want to pay, then feel free to make an offer, but don't get mad when they feel its worth more and decline your offer. It's their right as a breeder to price them however they want and yours a buyer to look elsewhere or not to buy.

(Note: not saying you lowballed the guy or anything like that. Just sharing my perspective as a seller)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Apple Herps For This Useful Post:

cathys99471 (08-11-2010)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast