Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,845

2 members and 2,843 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: terrariums

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

terrariums

The King of DIY, an aquarium guy, recently posted a favourable video on some inexpensive LED lights for growing plants underwater. Aquarium lighting tends to be very expensive, and I've spent plenty on even my viv lights. These are cheaper and have a slim profile. By chance, BF sent me a link to what appear to be the same lights. He thought I might like them...um, yeah. Duh!

Got very distracted for a while on caresheets for box turtles, tortoises, water dragons, anoles....and thought, just leave the stress behind, and simply build a big terrarium without the animals. On to Pinterest! (Actually, ever since Pinterest started demanding I log in to see stuff, they have kind of ticked me off. Used to spend hours per day there, that dwindeled down to a few minutes maybe once in a while, and only if I really want a better look at something.)

Of course, now I want several of the tall-wide 36x24x36 Exo-Terras. I'll fill one with ferns, another with mini orchids, another with nepethenes (pitcher plants), get some bormiliads, tslandias (spell?)... BF looked a little horrified when informed of the *plans.* Well, one can dream.

On another note, a lovely little Sonoran Gopher snake is purchased, and awaiting warm weather for FedEx delivery. I'll start her out in a tub, and will upgrade to an AP if the pecan crop ever gets sorted and sold. Way behind this year. That crop is usually my big ticket *fun money* for the year. The really important thing is, I have enough saved already to order her Herpstat.
    Last edited by distaff; 01-19-2017 at 11:31 PM.