Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,936

1 members and 2,935 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Peeking in...

BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

Re: Peeking in...

Wishing you and your family all the best zina.
    hope mum makes a full recovery. They really are so precious

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

zina10 (08-07-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 2,993 Posts

Peeking in...

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Ok, I still want to move, though. I wish I could live in the mountains of Albuquerque. I even look at realtor.com and dream which house I would pick. Its beautiful there. I have always had a thing for WIDE OPEN spaces, endless blue skies, and the arid but gorgeous desert mountains. The sky must be gorgeous at night, can you imagine all those stars. Can you imaging driving down endless roads , looking over this gorgeous landscape.

I have never been a fan of wood areas, or wood covered mountains. To dark, to enclosed, to stifling. Like a horror movie. I love wide open, I love dry, I love dry heat. It doesn't have to be extremely hot, but I also def. don't want to go where it gets ice cold and snowing half the year.

So yeah, New Mexico sounds good to me.

These summers here in the south east are just miserable. Esp. for a person that loves to be outdoors. Between this hot heat and bugs, ugh. You can just stand around after doing a bit of work outside and you are absolutely drenched. Sweat just literally rolling down the body while resting in the shade. Its just terrible.

I lived in El Paso , TX for over a year. While the city itself is pretty terrible, I will never forget waking up and looking outside the window at those gorgeous mountains and endless, absolutely endless blue sky. It was like waking up in a beautiful dream. I think I belong in a landscape such as that..
    It’s funny how we’re all so different ..

I’ve spent my whole life in one small town on the outskirts of Manchester , England.. weather is unsettled as default .. very little sun , rather a lot of rain due to the nearby Pennines a range of mountains and hills separating the counties of Lancashire and Yorkshire . Counties are out versions of your States I suppose .
    Anyways I’ve spent my whole life on the edge of the countryside never more than a 60 second jog from fields , hills , streams and lodges ( our tiny version of your lakes) .

All our holidays and trips out are at the seaside ( we live in the middle of our little island ) and I always feel happy and elated when I’m overlooking the sea or a beautiful harbour with boats bobbing around and the cries of seagulls overhead.

Anyways.... for the last 40 years I’ve dreamt of spending my days on the Greek coast .. in a busy bustling little town / village full of those beautiful small white houses . I’d have one overlooking the beautiful turquoise sea .

The grass is always greener , I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 08-07-2019 at 03:38 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-07-2019),richardhind1972 (08-07-2019),zina10 (08-07-2019)

Thanks
    I've lived all over during my military career...was fortunate to end up where I wanted at the end of it. I think I can say that I found things to like at each of the various places I lived that made them special and will remember them for that. Really kind of hard to have it all and keep multiple places and bounce between them all...would have to win that Powerball...

All the moves also meant not being close to family. I'm glad to have had my brothers back in Wisconsin to be close enough to help out my parents in time of need. Zina, I'm glad your Mom is on the road to recovery...hopefully this small delay will give you time to plan and make the coming visit that much more special!

Bernie
    XPLSV
    _______

2.2 Pokigron Surninam, Rio Bravo line
    1.0 Pomaville Peruvian

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XPLSV For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-07-2019),zina10 (08-07-2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to read the news of your mother. It sounds like she's doing well and recovering nicely.
    You're in my thoughts and all my best wishes sent to you and your family.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

zina10 (08-07-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I wish you all well in the recovery and it sounds as if she is doing so well.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

zina10 (08-07-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. I wish you all well in the recovery and it sounds as if she is doing so well.
    Thank you so much. I realize how very lucky we are that she is doing so well. So many others don't get second chances, and I am so very sorry about that. Today I booked my flight, going home in October. Its later then I was hoping for, but I will be helping out my sister and my mother by coming during that time. If anything happens, I will go sooner of course.

But I do have this to look forward to.

I can't imagine how terrible it must be to get these news and there is nothing that can be done anymore..
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-09-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts
    I hope the time passes quickly for you until October and that she continues doing well.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

zina10 (08-07-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 952 Posts

Well, it looks like I'll be even more absent then usually.

My mom had a stroke. I can only now talk about this, even though it happened 3 weeks ago. The only reason I even talk about it is that she is doing exceptionally well.

My mother lives overseas in Germany, where I am from. And she was just visiting here (like she does every year) with my brother, only a few months ago. When I got that phone call, I can't even describe. I felt 10 years old again and absolutely unable to go on without my mother. I lost my father in my early twenties. It doesn't matter how old you get, loosing a parent, or both, still makes you feel like a boat afloat on the ocean.

It doesn't help that I'm far away from home, no way to get there fast.

My brother and sister kept me up to date the whole time, I even got to talk to my mom that very day, and they sent videos. She is doing well, she was even then. Speaks normally and only a slight stiffness in left arm/hand and left leg. She can move them, but lost some of the fine motor skills. Doctors said she should recover completely. They (and her) told me NOT to come since visitors were only allowed once the day and only 15 minutes. Only one person. I would have hardly got to see her. She was moved into rehab and did great. Walks without a walker now (carefully) and is even back to knitting. Today she is going home, to stay with my sister for a few weeks before going back to her condo.

I was promised I would get a call immediately if things get worse, but to wait until I can spend a lot of time with my mom, when she is back home.

I kept getting updates, and during those I felt great, but as soon as I hung up the phone my brain would go into overdrive. Imagining things, worrying about every little thing, if she sounded tired, "different" and so on and so forth. So for now its planned that I go in October, since my sister has a vacation planned and it would give me time alone with mom and able to help out when needed. Of course if anything is amiss , I will go immediately.

When I'm stressed I shut down. I don't want to talk to anyone, or even be around anyone. I withdraw. So that's what I did. I am slowly feeling better about everything and less on edge, I stopped waiting for "the other shoe to drop" at any second and I'm back to sleeping better.

Ax01, thank you for your support and your crazy idea of turning me into a mod, but I don't feel I'm here consistently enough to really help out the mods and admin. They need people that can commit more time. But I do appreciate it

So, I'll be back popping in here and there, but probably not as much as I'd like to. I often leave the computer on and myself logged in when I leave the house, so I can remember to check in when I get back.

Thank you to all that remember me , "I'll be back" !!!!! (in my best German accent voice...)
    Just saw this now. Sorry to hear about your mother. Glad she is doing well under the circumstances. I can only imagine how you felt being so far from her and receiving that news.
    - Greg

Visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/412Balls/

or our website: http://412balls.weebly.com/

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PghBall For This Useful Post:

zina10 (08-09-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

Thank you so much. I realize how very lucky we are that she is doing so well. So many others don't get second chances, and I am so very sorry about that. Today I booked my flight, going home in October. Its later then I was hoping for, but I will be helping out my sister and my mother by coming during that time. If anything happens, I will go sooner of course.

But I do have this to look forward to.

I can't imagine how terrible it must be to get these news and there is nothing that can be done anymore..
    Just popping in myself. So sorry to hear about your Mom. I completely understand as my brother and I went through this a few years ago. Prayers for her full and speedy recovery.
    Other Snakes:
    Hudson 1988 1.0 Colombian rainbow; Yang 2002 1.0 Corn snake; Merlin 2000 1.0 Solomon Island ground boa; Kett 2015 1.0 Diamond Jungle Jaguar carpet python; Dakota 2014 0.0.1 Children’s python

Ball pythons:
    Eli 1990 1.0 Normal; Buttercup 2015 1.0 Albino; Artemis 2015 0.1 Dragonfly; Orion 2015 1.0 Banana Pinstripe; Button 2018 1.0 Blue Eyed Lucy; Piper 2018 0.1 Piebald; Belle 2018 0.1 Lemonblast; Sabrina 2017 0.1 Mojave; Selene 2017 0.1 Banana Mojave; Loki 2018 1.0 Pastel Mystic Potion; Cuervo 2018 1.0 Banana Piebald; Claude 2017 1.0 Albino Pastel Spider; Penelope 2016 0.1 Lesser

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dianne For This Useful Post:

zina10 (08-12-2019)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345