Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,207

3 members and 3,204 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Where are all the crazy expensive and rare BP's?

Quote Originally Posted by Misternewbie View Post
    WOW!! In all seriousness, what type of person would fork up that kind of cash for her or him? I'd assume only a breeder..
    IIRC Skittles' breeder already said they're unsure they want to sell the animal, thus the high price tag. Some people have expressed interest, but he wants to make sure he's getting what he needs to part with an animal he's unsure if he wants to part with.

Perfectly fair.

But odd-eyed BPs like her are very uncommon and makes for a gorgeous snake IMHO. I'd buy her, if I came into the cash, just to keep her as a pet since I find paradox animals like her and the one posted above way more interesting than other high-price snakes like BELs and Pieds.

Like check this lil' noodle out
    . Nice.
    Last edited by hollowlaughter; 09-23-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts
    She is prized, because she displays extremely rare genes, a "freak" of nature as they say. You won't see another snake like it, it is unique as can be.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

Misternewbie (09-23-2017)

Thanks
    Ive been keeping ball pythons for less than a year, and I often go onto morph market and search all BPs by price highest to lowest. I've wondered where they all go as well. However, I often get down to the snakes that are under $500 and find ones I like just as much as the crazy expensive ones, and I quickly forget about wondering where they go lol.

Thanks

Re: Where are all the crazy expensive and rare BP's?

Quote Originally Posted by hollowlaughter View Post
    IIRC Skittles' breeder already said they're unsure they want to sell the animal, thus the high price tag. Some people have expressed interest, but he wants to make sure he's getting what he needs to part with an animal he's unsure if he wants to part with.

Perfectly fair.

But odd-eyed BPs like her are very uncommon and makes for a gorgeous snake IMHO. I'd buy her, if I came into the cash, just to keep her as a pet since I find paradox animals like her and the one posted above way more interesting than other high-price snakes like BELs and Pieds.

Like check this lil' noodle out
    . Nice.
    Normally not fond of albinos but that is beautiful!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    As with all expensive reptiles, you either pay for investment like people do with certain balls, like they did with the palmetto corns or you pay for pure rarity like people do with Eastern Indigo Snakes, Monkey Tailed Skinks or animals brand new to being captive bred like some of the Asian rat snakes a few years ago. There is a big difference between the two types of buyers. Investment folks are usually established breeders, they will drop a 5000 bucks on a pair of snakes and then sell the babies in 2 years after price drop for 1500 or so netting a profit. Then each year they still profit even if the price drops. The people buying an Indigo or very rare animal are doing it because they just want it, it's a dream animal. Those people often don't care about how much a baby is going to be worth quite frankly because even if they breed their snake the market might be small due to legalities like the Indigo or perhaps difficulty of care like some lizards etc.

Typically however a 1000+ dollar animal is going to be purchased by someone who is planning on breeding it and then selling the offspring most likely 15% of the people buying, 80% are fine with waiting for the price to drop in the 300 range. 5% are just folks with the extra cash available to get what they want when they want it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123