Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,801

2 members and 2,799 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Hognoses compared to Ball Pythons?

Get a Burm instead. They're like a ball python scaled up... Go big or go home

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    0.1 CB17 Pearl Burmese Python - Kaiju

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    It's really a tough call I have suffered allergy in the past, mainly pollen and pet dander, seems to be under control and has not bother me for years, now when it comes to be and yellow jacket stings it seems like it never had any effect on me even when stung multiple time in the same area at once.

You can't really ever no how you will react until it actually happens, because you have certain allergies does not mean you would have a reaction and vice versa.

I have owned hognose since 2011 never once got bit and I tend to be a bit magnet does not mean it will never happen but I guess I am willing to take the risk (small risk even when it comes to reactions)

Now if you want something small colorful and with a calm disposition without the risk (granted not as cute) you may want to look into sand boas, there are some very nice mutation, stripes, snow, albino, axanthic, paint etc
    I admit I'm still torn about hognoses but you had me warm up to kenyan sand boas with your suggestion (and new babies)! After looking into them they've really grown on me, especially the flame and nuclear morphs wow! Most likely I'll end up going with them but darn, the hognoses still tempt me aha! Time will tell I suppose! Thank you for your input!
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    I admit I'm still torn about hognoses but you had me warm up to kenyan sand boas with your suggestion (and new babies)! After looking into them they've really grown on me, especially the flame and nuclear morphs wow! Most likely I'll end up going with them but darn, the hognoses still tempt me aha! Time will tell I suppose! Thank you for your input!
    Hey .. I love the look of Hoggies but like you I'm allergic to eggs and the two most commonly used antibiotics so Hoggies are simply not an option for me ..

That said ... Sand Boas can be as cute as hell , this is mine ..

Also if you like cute and quirky please consider a Rhino nosed Ratsnake who are ridiculously cute yet very friendly and NOT rear fanged ...

Mine is the perfect snake , display qualities, calm and friendly with a good appetite ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (06-01-2018),MissterDog (06-01-2018),richardhind1972 (06-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts
    Whelp, went to the reptile show this weekend and discovered sand boas don't do it for me. Didn't fall in love the same way I did with other snakes of interest and certainly no where close to how I felt with hognoses. Sand boas are cute but I was very "meh" about them so looks like hognoses are back on the table haha. But who knows 3ish years from now right? (Haha if I last that long)

Zinc I was actually considering a rhino rat snake as my display snake, but settled for a russian rat snake instead :p Rhino's are still on my list for possible future snakes though if I ever want another vision snake!
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MissterDog For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (07-03-2018)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123