Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,981

0 members and 1,981 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts

Re: Regurge from baby BP, Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Gocntry View Post
    I'll go with a smaller 9g mouse, Should I give her a Nutribac sprinkle too?? ...
    Not needed for a snake that's been eating ok...they get plenty from their normal diet.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (09-17-2019)

Thanks

Well I peeked in on Bean (the one that regurged) (just peeked not handled) She seems to be doing ok, just hanging out. 1 week down for her.

Bitey ate a 9m mouse Sunday, well snatched and coiled it Lol, so I'll peek in on her tomorrow and make sure she kept it down.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-17-2019)

Thanks

Well I peeked in on Bean (the one that regurged) (just peeked not handled) She seems to be doing ok, just hanging out. 1 week down for her.

Bitey ate a 9m mouse Sunday, well snatched and coiled it Lol, so I'll peek in on her tomorrow and make sure she kept it down.

Just remember that this may be the reason that Bean has looked skinny from the start. Not all snakes are "up to the same speed" when hatched or born, & regurges
    really do set them back. Be patient, she could still regurge even after a week, but the longer she keeps it down, the less likely that will happen. Your nose should tell
    you if she regurges... Hoping that at least Bitey will be problem-free.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Just remember that this may be the reason that Bean has looked skinny from the start. Not all snakes are "up to the same speed" when hatched or born, & regurges
    really do set them back. Be patient, she could still regurge even after a week, but the longer she keeps it down, the less likely that will happen. Your nose should tell
    you if she regurges... Hoping that at least Bitey will be problem-free.

Maybe I phrased that wrong? or I'm reading your reply wrong?
    For Bean I meant 1 week of no food after regurge, Bcr229 recommended 3 weeks of not trying to feed, and I
    meant that it has been 1 week of no attempted feeding. (Her regurge was last week) and yes the regurged half digested mouse smells horrible!!

Bitey seems to be good, she is a lot bigger than Bean, I hope she doesn't have any issues, I dropped her feeding size a little I'm feeding her just under the 10% of her body weight, and slightly smaller than her body size. She's at about 100g weight

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-18-2019),Craiga 01453 (09-17-2019)

Thanks

Maybe I phrased that wrong? or I'm reading your reply wrong?
    For Bean I meant 1 week of no food after regurge, Bcr229 recommended 3 weeks of not trying to feed, and I
    meant that it has been 1 week of no attempted feeding. (Her regurge was last week) and yes the regurged half digested mouse smells horrible!!

Bitey seems to be good, she is a lot bigger than Bean, I hope she doesn't have any issues, I dropped her feeding size a little I'm feeding her just under the 10% of her body weight, and slightly smaller than her body size. She's at about 100g weight
    Sorry, I ran those comments together...I know Bean is in a 'holding pattern' & has 2 weeks to go...I meant that the regurge she had when you
    fed her might not have been her first, that's why she looked on the slim side when you got her. I hope she "turns around" for you.

Here's hoping that Bitey doesn't give you any problems...nothing worse than the smell of regurge in the air. Good idea to feed on the small side
    for now, in an abundance of caution.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

This is what I meant in previous post:
    Just remember that this may be the reason that Bean has looked skinny from the start. Not all snakes are "up to the same speed" when hatched or born, & regurges really do set them back.

Be patient, she [Bitey] could still regurge even after a week, but the longer she keeps it down, the less likely that will happen. Your nose should tell you if she regurges... Hoping that at least Bitey will be problem-free.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 09-17-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks

Sorry, I ran those comments together...I know Bean is in a 'holding pattern' & has 2 weeks to go...I meant that the regurge she had when you
    fed her might not have been her first, that's why she looked on the slim side when you got her. I hope she "turns around" for you.

Here's hoping that Bitey doesn't give you any problems...nothing worse than the smell of regurge in the air. Good idea to feed on the small side
    for now, in an abundance of caution.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

This is what I meant in previous post:

Ok, Gotcha....

Bean did eat once for me and was good, she regurged on the 2nd feeding ,

Bitey is on her 3rd feeding for me now, I dropped her feeder size this time, I hope she is good

I have a feeling Bean's regurge is on me for feeding slightly to big of a mouse , (regurged a 9g mouse on a 79g snake that was really thin to start with)

So hopefully after recovery, and dropping down her feeder size she'll do well and thrive

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-18-2019)

Thanks

...I have a feeling Bean's regurge is on me for feeding slightly to big of a mouse , (regurged a 9g mouse on a 79g snake that was really thin to start with)

So hopefully after recovery, and dropping down her feeder size she'll do well and thrive
    Yes, I think that's very likely all it was too. I'm thinking positive for you...

Thanks

Bitey had her 3rd feeding Sunday, Wednesday night I let my daughter hold her for 10 minutes, while I changed water, and checked her cage for poop / regurge or any other mess... Non to be found.

Bitey was WAY less bitey Lol, no striking, calm, lots of tongue flicking, and curiosity I think. And noticed someone has blue eyes. So put her back, and will leave her alone until her shed is complete.

P.s my corn snake is also in shed, along with Hal too.... and Cheyenne just shed. Just that time of year?? Coincidence? Really strange to me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gocntry For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-19-2019)

Thanks
    Shedding is just coincidence...most snakes have been eating aggressively all summer...sheds are just the result of growth. Very glad you found no regurges-

Thanks

Looked like it was ready to shed by the eyes, that might be it?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast