Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,059

1 members and 3,058 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Updated melamine rack, plus 2 new pickups!!!

Here's an updated picture of my home made melamine rack. I took the top shelf off cause it made the work area just a little too high. Ive added wheels, 2 more snakes... I still have to add the rest of the heat tape for the big girl tubs.

Right now I have my big 1545 big girl in a 28 quart tub. On the way home tonight, im going to pick up either a 41 quart of something similar in size for her and give her another shelf in the rack. I'm thinking of doubling up my 3 inch heat tape side by side to make it 6 inches and taping it from front to back on one side of the shelf so her bigger tub gets more belly heat, rather then running it left to right, thoughts? Its either that or get 11 inch flex and another thermostat to run it? Which I dont want to do. Getting short on funds....

What do you think?

Here's a pic of the big girl in her tub.

Close up of the smaller tubs in the rack...

My second pickup at the weschester county show. A smaller 1000gram girl...

Thanks

Re: Updated melamine rack, plus 2 new pickups!!!

Nice pick up !!! the show was pretty goood, pickup 2 normals girls at the show... tough rack...got a couple more shevles to fill up bro !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patb201985 View Post
    Nice pick up !!! the show was pretty goood, pickup 2 normals girls at the show... tough rack...got a couple more shevles to fill up bro !
    Yeah, I plan on it too! Just dont tell my wife.. hahaha

When I move the bigger girls into their bigger tubs, the rack will definitley be filled in more for sure...

And one of these days I have to iron on the edging to make it look "pretty"... lolol Never enough time in the day though...

Thanks

I am building 2 similar racks right now, only I built mine with 5/8 sanded pine plywood with about 5 coats of polyurethane on it. I built 2 racks for the same problem your running into... I have an adult rack, and a 1/2 hatchling, 1/2 sub adult rack. I will have a thermostat for each though, 1 for adults, 1 for hatchlings, and 1 for sub adult just to make sure Im running at the right temps on each one...

Thanks

You should really quarantine any new pick ups from the rest of your collection for at least 30-60 days. Some people even go as far as 90 days. Its not really one of those lessons you want to learn the hard way. I would especially pay extra care in qurantining animals you get from shows since you don't know what pathogens are flying around at those things. Not trying to preach here but just putting it out there in the event you were unaware.
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks

thanks for the tips.. appropriate measures along with space constraints have been taken into consideration when it comes to quarantine...

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    You should really quarantine any new pick ups from the rest of your collection for at least 30-60 days. Some people even go as far as 90 days. Its not really one of those lessons you want to learn the hard way. I would especially pay extra care in qurantining animals you get from shows since you don't know what pathogens are flying around at those things. Not trying to preach here but just putting it out there in the event you were unaware.