Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,053

2 members and 3,051 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,176 Posts

Re: Getting a Hypo (50%)/66% het Genetic Stripe Bredli! + Q's

Quote Originally Posted by OatBoii View Post
    I have heard of reptilinks, but I have never personally looked into them. Do they offer something unique or better in terms of feeding, beyond the frog links for hognoses and other such links for picky eaters?
    Reptilinks give keepers the ability to offer their pets a variety of prey (quail, iguana, frog legs, chicken and/or rabbit with the option of adding fruit and vegetables) in a convenient and affordable way. The catch is that your pet needs to be willing to eat sausages. I hear lizards take them better than snakes, but if your snake's a strong feeder, you should be able to do it. I recently transitioned by Children's python to them without too much trouble.
    1.0 Normal Children's Python (2022 - present)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (2019 - 2021)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Homebody For This Useful Post:

OatBoii (03-10-2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Homebody View Post
    Reptilinks give keepers the ability to offer their pets a variety of prey (quail, iguana, frog legs, chicken and/or rabbit with the option of adding fruit and vegetables) in a convenient and affordable way. The catch is that your pet needs to be willing to eat sausages. I hear lizards take them better than snakes, but if your snake's a strong feeder, you should be able to do it. I recently transitioned by Children's python to them without too much trouble.
    Yeah I hadn't even really thought of this, but if my snake doesn't like them, my b&w tegu will probably be in for a treat...but yes, offering a varied diet is awesome, even for my lizards they get that. Imagine of humans just ate chicken their whole lives!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    These are both great points, thank you for bringing it to my attention! I have added Reptilinks to my list as well. However, I have heard that sometime snakes get hooked on specific foods, and will refuse anything else. Is that a species specific thing, or is there a way to make sure that Ziggy wouldn't get too attached to one particular thing? I've heard that carpet pythons are pretty aggressive eaters and not too picky, but I wouldn't want him to develop any bad habits because of how I'm feeding him.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OatBoii For This Useful Post:

Wanik4 (03-12-2023)

Thanks
    Well, only one cut finger and happy little accident later, the cage is assembled, sealed, and drying! It looks great, and once the sealing sets, my small accident shall be inconsequential. I'm very happy with it. Even without being sealed it looked sturdy enough to keep in a snake- or at least something of a decent size, maybe not a baby colubrid. With modifications, I'm sure it could though.

It has a fan pointed in it for now, to help disperse the sealant fumes. Hopefully by late evening tomorrow, once it's been drying for around 36 hours, I can start decorating. I'm quite excited! Still deciding on a perch for now, but I can get most of the layout done by tomorrow evening. Nearly all the decor came in today, along with the herpstat 2, and tomorrow the rest of the heating elements will arrive.

With any luck, the weather will be good and I'll get my temps dialed in, and Ziggy could be moving in Thursday! I'm hopeful, as the weather seems to be taking an upward turn, but we'll see.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OatBoii For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-12-2023),Caitlin (03-12-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts
    Take good care of that finger- they're pretty useful. Being handy with tools & home projects does have it's little downside, but it sounds like you'll survive.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

OatBoii (03-12-2023)

Thanks
    Some pics! I definitely want something going across the full enclosure, which is hopefully something I can find at the expo. If not, I'll order one. Either way, I think he has some opportunities to get himself off the ground, and the hot side is built up to get some elevation over there too. He can get some vertical movement in at least.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it! Lots of work though. It took a while to get everything to stay put, that's for sure. All that's left is to dial in my temps, and wait for Ziggy!

Before I added wood and clutter

Lots of clutter. I want to make sure he feels comfortable in here, since it's a bit big for him.

Last edited by OatBoii; 03-12-2023 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    It looks nice.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

OatBoii (03-13-2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OatBoii View Post
    Some pics! I definitely want something going across the full enclosure, which is hopefully something I can find at the expo. If not, I'll order one. Either way, I think he has some opportunities to get himself off the ground, and the hot side is built up to get some elevation over there too. He can get some vertical movement in at least.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it! Lots of work though. It took a while to get everything to stay put, that's for sure. All that's left is to dial in my temps, and wait for Ziggy!

Before I added wood and clutter

Lots of clutter. I want to make sure he feels comfortable in here, since it's a bit big for him.

Not too bad. Yes, I'd get a couple like 1" or bigger pvc pipes raised going across for some perch action under heat would be nice. They sell black and grey pvc as well if you look

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thank you both! I'm going to keep an eye out for something I can use as a perch that preferably doesnt want a shipping cost equivalent to the price of the perch itself, but if I cant find anything by the expo, I'll just order one online and bite the price. With luck, there will be something at the expo though.

Good news though! It's warm enough to ship tomorrow, so Ziggy should be here by Thursday

15. The Following User Says Thank You to OatBoii For This Useful Post:

Homebody (03-14-2023)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123