Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,737

1 members and 2,736 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Birthing Rat Rack Finished!!!!!!!!!

So I had to build a rat birthing rack and here is the final product of my work!! Wasn't hard at all and I built it using my own measurements but looked at a few to get some ideas.

I have to upgrade to a water system for both my breeding rack and birthing rack now cause the bottles thing is getting a lil crazy! LOL But that will come in due time. And here is my rat breeding rack that I built using Clay Davenports DIY but had to modify it from 6 high to 4 due to ceiling height in the basement so I gained 2 more tubs going 4 high and 2 wide so it worked out better for me. So here that is minus a few tubs cause lowes only had 6 left. LOL

Thanks for looking!!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Birthing Rat Rack Finished!!!!!!!!!

Nice rack.
    Reptiles make life tolerable.
    Jeremiah Elleman[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FO

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jere000 For This Useful Post:

BAD Morphs (08-22-2009)

Registered User JenEric Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

looks nice also looks like your using vanilla extract in your water....nice..........how much and details of material.thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phunkyone808 View Post
    looks nice also looks like your using vanilla extract in your water....nice..........how much and details of material.thanks
    Well I am using the vanilla it seems to help a lil bit. As for the rack I used 2 - 2x2's, 1-1x2 and a 5ft piece of 1/2" wire mesh per shelf. But I must say I had extra wood and mesh left over from when I built the breeding rack so the top shelf was entirely made from that left over stuff. The bottomshelf was made later and had to buy all the materials for that shelf which I just listed and cost a total of 13.66 (tax included) from lowes. There was extra wire mesh so you might only need one 5ft roll for 2 shelves but IDK I just used what I needed and didn't really check to see if I would have enough for another shelf. The tubs are from walmart. They are small kitty litter tubs I got for 2.62 a tub. The dimensions of the tubs are 14"X10"X3.5". So say I paid 13.66 per shelf and 15.72 (plus tax) for 6 tubs and I bought the water bottles for 2.08 each also at walmart which came to 12.48 (plus tax). Ok so assuming your starting from scratch and have to buy all materials the total cost to make one just like mine with tubs and bottles would be about 60 bucks (I rounded of course). The best thing I like about this rack is that it has the potential to add shelves going vertical as your operation grows or as needed. I made just 6 tubs because I only have 3 groups of 1.3 right now so 6 tubs should be plenty for the time being provided the don't all get pregnant at the same time! LOL Which is why I had to add the second shelf because I had 5 prego's at once and 3 of the 5 have delivered in the rack and everything has worked out awesome with sizes and dimensions. If you need exact measurements I can get them but to be honest I just winged it for the first shelf and re measured that one for the second and don't remember them off hand.