Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,060

3 members and 1,057 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks

What would you do in my situation?

Ok so maybe I'm just freaking out for nothing but here's my situation. I contacted a guy on Fauna about trading a couple female spider balls for some of the animals I had available. Everything went well as far as communication goes and we agreed to ship them the same day. Well I shipped mine out yesterday (8-18) and the tracking says they were delivered at 9:03 this morning. It's now 7:30pm and I've got NOTHING. I tried contacting him and haven't heard anything back. I don't have his phone #, only e-mail address, which is how I've been trying to get a hold of him. I feel sick and very What would you guys do? any advice?
    Kristin Booker
    Valley Herpetoculture
    www.valleyherps.webs.com

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: What would you do in my situation?

Quote Originally Posted by herpchick View Post
    Ok so maybe I'm just freaking out for nothing but here's my situation. I contacted a guy on Fauna about trading a couple female spider balls for some of the animals I had available. Everything went well as far as communication goes and we agreed to ship them the same day. Well I shipped mine out yesterday (8-18) and the tracking says they were delivered at 9:03 this morning. It's now 7:30pm and I've got NOTHING. I tried contacting him and haven't heard anything back. I don't have his phone #, only e-mail address, which is how I've been trying to get a hold of him. I feel sick and very What would you guys do? any advice?
    i would keep emailing him and tell him if you do not get your animals than you will.... do smoething lol.. you have his adress and his name. look it up on whitepages.com and ull get his #.

Thanks

i would give him a day and keep emailing him. The whitepages thing is a good idea except a lot of people have cell phones now so you might not have much luck looking him up

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

Did you find anything on him on the BOI? It doesn't sound good since there is a sudden break in communication on shipping day. Good luck!
    --Walt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    Did you find anything on him on the BOI? It doesn't sound good since there is a sudden break in communication on shipping day. Good luck!
    He didn't have anything on the BOI, I checked. I tried the whitepages thing and I'm not finding anything.
    Kristin Booker
    Valley Herpetoculture
    www.valleyherps.webs.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Go to the BOI NOW.

Post ALL the info you have including all emails.

In this game of "screw the" you are the pooch.

Hopefully they can help you out over on fauna.

For the record and not to rub it in but NEVER ship without a valid phone number, one that you have called and spoken to the person you actually called and NEVER ship on the same day the first time you do business with someone unless they are highly recommended by well respected fellow hobbiests.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

Beardedragon (08-22-2009),Kritters4Keeps (12-09-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Go to the BOI NOW.

Post ALL the info you have including all emails.

In this game of "screw the" you are the pooch.

Hopefully they can help you out over on fauna.

For the record and not to rub it in but NEVER ship without a valid phone number, one that you have called and spoken to the person you actually called and NEVER ship on the same day the first time you do business with someone unless they are highly recommended by well respected fellow hobbiests.
    I second that idea. There's a good chance he has had dealings with some folks there as that's where you discussed the trade.
    --Walt

Thanks

Any good news?
    Coolluigi007
    0.1 Pastel Pos Het Orange Ghost, 2.1 Pastel, 1.0 Mojave Pos Het Orange Ghost, 3.0 Yellowbelly, 1.0 100 % Het Pied, 0.8 50% Het Pied, 3.10 Normal, 0.2 100% Het Orange Ghost, 0.2 Spider, 1.2 100% Het VPI Axanthic... and soon to be more. *fingers crossed*

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you got the short end of the stick. I personally would never do that type of business with anybody who doesn't have a really high reputation. I would never ship first on anything either, because of all the scammers they have out there, but hopefully in your case everything works out.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

lol, ok I suggest you read this http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=143847 my name on fauna is exitree. Just before my last post I got a call back from the guy and for lack of a better term I "reamed him a new one" I told him that I was going to contact the local authorities and file fraud/theft charges. Right after this I recieved 2 messages from him

Heartlash Cinder-08-20-2009, 03:18 AM
    Im really sorry I didnt ship them yet. I was going to ship them on my break but as I was leaving my boss needed me to stay. I promise that I will have them shipped out tomorrow morning. This is my number I have to put minutes on it in the morning 1-603-930-3261 also give me your number and I will call you right after I ship them. Thanks.

and

Heartlash Cinder-08-20-2009, 03:24 AM
    Also forgot to mention I dont always have a computer thats why I didnt answer you earlier. I use either a friends computer or my works computer. I used to use my phone thing as a computer but it got to expensive. I swear I will have the package shipped out tomorrow and you will get it on friday.

edit: as I wrote this he messaged me again

As soon as I get up tomorrow I will pack them up and run down to the post office and get them sent out. Then as soon as im down ill get you the tracking number.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by exitree
    Ok, as long as I get them, that's all I want. (this was my response to the previous messages)

I guess we'll see. Like I said as long as I get the 2 female spiders I was promised I'll be "happy"
    Kristin Booker
    Valley Herpetoculture
    www.valleyherps.webs.com

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast