Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,847

2 members and 2,845 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ugly bps?

Thanks

ugly bps?

Just a though I had, there are so many threads here where people ask if there normal is a morph and in every thread there is a responce that they have a very pretty normal.
    So I thought if everyones normal is very nice is there even such thing as an ugly one?
    Of course all snakes are beautiful but there are for sure some pretty plain ones.
    Does anyone have just a plain ol' lookin' normal, or even one they think is ugly?
    This is my most plain looking bp. no blushing, no flames, no crazy pattern, no high yellow or nice dark colors just a plain ol brown on black normal pattern.

the one on the left. the one on the right is as far as I know a norm but I will be breeding him to see if his colors are anything special.

cant get much more plain then her, so thats why she will be the one on the rights future girl. I want to breed as plain as one I can to him to see if the babies take the males look.
    1.0 50% het clown 1.0 50% het lavender 2.6 normal bp 1.0 normal poss axanthic 1.0 het pied bp 1.0 yellow belly 1.0 mojave bp 2.0 spider bp 2.1 pastel bp1.1 Cinnamon bp
    7.0 corns - normal motley stripe het snow,anery a het hypo, snow, red candy cane, motley stripe orange candy cane, anery motley possible ghost , butter motley 0.6 corns -amel,high white amel,creamsicle,ghost, snow, orange candy cane 1.0 albino jungle corn, 1.0 mexican black king, 1.0 california king, 1.0 milk snake 0.1 kenyan sand boa 0.1 dummerils boa 1.1 bci normal, 0.1 pastel bci,0.1 kahl albino bci,1.0 salmon het kahl albino bci, 0.1 guatamalan boa 0.1 hogg island boa 1.0 JCP 0.1 woma python 3.0 leos-normal,blizzard,rw albino,rw b blizzard 0.7 leos-normal,hypo tangerine,mack snow,albino, rwb blizzard,raptor, rw albino 0.1 C. Turneri (thick toed gecko)1.1 crested gecko0.1rose hair T. 0.0.1 black emporer scorpion
    1.0 beardie

http://kryptonianreptiles.webs.com Kryptonian Reptiles now on Facebook

Thanks

Re: ugly bps?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonian View Post
    Just a though I had, there are so many threads here where people ask if there normal is a morph and in every thread there is a responce that they have a very pretty normal.
    Of course it's a "very pretty normal" because looking at pictures of someone's snake is a lot like looking at a picture of their kids. You can think things like "man that's an ugly kid" or "why would you buy an animal that looks like that", but you'd never say them in polite company

The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever. -Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ctrlfreq For This Useful Post:

oliverstwist (08-19-2009)

Thanks

i am aware of that, not asking why people say it, its obviously out of respect which is why people can post thier pics of a snake here that they think is just plain. I know my girl is nothing special, and have no problem if someone else told me that either. I just want to see pictures of others plain lookin snakes.
    1.0 50% het clown 1.0 50% het lavender 2.6 normal bp 1.0 normal poss axanthic 1.0 het pied bp 1.0 yellow belly 1.0 mojave bp 2.0 spider bp 2.1 pastel bp1.1 Cinnamon bp
    7.0 corns - normal motley stripe het snow,anery a het hypo, snow, red candy cane, motley stripe orange candy cane, anery motley possible ghost , butter motley 0.6 corns -amel,high white amel,creamsicle,ghost, snow, orange candy cane 1.0 albino jungle corn, 1.0 mexican black king, 1.0 california king, 1.0 milk snake 0.1 kenyan sand boa 0.1 dummerils boa 1.1 bci normal, 0.1 pastel bci,0.1 kahl albino bci,1.0 salmon het kahl albino bci, 0.1 guatamalan boa 0.1 hogg island boa 1.0 JCP 0.1 woma python 3.0 leos-normal,blizzard,rw albino,rw b blizzard 0.7 leos-normal,hypo tangerine,mack snow,albino, rwb blizzard,raptor, rw albino 0.1 C. Turneri (thick toed gecko)1.1 crested gecko0.1rose hair T. 0.0.1 black emporer scorpion
    1.0 beardie

Thanks

Your normals are ugly (j/k). And here is my "ugly" normal who I took in from a guy that believed his BP had been in hibernation for the last 5 months. His name is Moo and he is poster for normal. He's like pocket protector 9-5 dinner waiting on the table with 2 kids and a white picket fence normal.

]

Thanks

he looks very similiar to my girl.
    1.0 beardie

Thanks

I think everyone's definition of an ugly normal varies by taste. I do believe there are plenty of ugly normals though.

The ones above I'd classify well into the not-ugly range.

Imo really dark normals are just plain ugly.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlfreq View Post
    Of course it's a "very pretty normal" because looking at pictures of someone's snake is a lot like looking at a picture of their kids. You can think things like "man that's an ugly kid" or "why would you buy an animal that looks like that", but you'd never say them in polite company
    I knew there was a reason I don't get invited to my peers spawning aniversaries anymore.

As for ugly BP's I think my battlescarred old guy would be considered passing ugly by most people on the street.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

awww what happened to him?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

For me....I don't think there is such a thing as an "ugly" ball python. It's a beautiful species of snake...and every single one I have ever seen, I can find something "special" that I really enjoy...nice pattern, nice colors, flames, blushing...something! Their variability is part of their beauty.

I've seen ugly dogs. I've seen ugly cats. There are some species of snakes that I think are not particularly attractive. But I've never, ever seen an ugly ball python.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by bamf64 View Post
    awww what happened to him?
    We were told he wrapped himself around a heat source ( a bulb in fact ) as a youngster - it's kind of why I bang on about guards so much.

Their response to pain or injury tends to be coiling into a tighter ball - not such a good idea of the bulb is in the middle.

The burns were so deep the scales are malformed and pure white in places.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast