Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,866

1 members and 2,865 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: attitude

Thanks

attitude

ive been with this site for maybe a month and loooking at the pictures and all that is great, plus people are really helpful, most of the time. im always reading posts that have alot of attitude and smarty pants remarks in them. people argue and go on and on. then i receive a warning for saying a bad word in a post ? idk it seems dumb to me.
    i think maybe when people give advice they should just say what could help then end it. dont get all worked up and takes things personal, its annoying. obviously if someones asking for advice they realize theyre doing something wrong and the people giving advice should be grateful the person asking came for help instead of not caring.
    tata for good
    lizzzy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Re: attitude

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsesmommy View Post
    ive been with this site for maybe a month and loooking at the pictures and all that is great, plus people are really helpful, most of the time. im always reading posts that have alot of attitude and smarty pants remarks in them. people argue and go on and on. then i receive a warning for saying a bad word in a post ? idk it seems dumb to me.
    i think maybe when people give advice they should just say what could help then end it. dont get all worked up and takes things personal, its annoying. obviously if someones asking for advice they realize theyre doing something wrong and the people giving advice should be grateful the person asking came for help instead of not caring.
    tata for good
    LOL

Truly. I actually did.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

see what i mean ?!
    thats really immature, this is site feedback so im voicing my opinion about the site. whatever .........
    lizzzy

Thanks

For someone preaching about not taking things personally, sure seems you take things personally.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littleindiangirl For This Useful Post:

MarkS (08-17-2009),Ponthieux (08-17-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

It's a site designed to be child friendly and kept to a PG level. I'm sorry it seems dumb to you but it's something we think is quite important to the site.

We can try and enforce the rules as best we can but we cannot make everyone act friendly all the time - we can suggest it, and we can infract if they go beyond the level allowed by the rules, but that is really all we can do.

I do find it slightly ironic you complain about people getting worked up and yet it was you yourself getting worked up that lead to the bad word and thus the warning.

I agree this may not be the site for everyone and if you need to look somewhere else I wish you well in your search.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr del For This Useful Post:

Beto510 (08-16-2009),Foschi Exotic Serpents (09-04-2009),waltah! (08-16-2009)

Thanks

i was actually trying to advise people to think about what they say before they say it.
    and the bad word was not while i was giving advice.
    lizzzy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsesmommy View Post
    i was actually trying to advise people to think about what they say before they say it.
    and the bad word was not while i was giving advice.
    So did you think about what you were saying before you said the words that you were infracted for?
    I have to say that most don't realize just how much the staff has to do here. I know I didn't before I started doing it myself. It's hard to keep the site family friendly and try to keep the peace in a busy public forum. We literally have to read every thread and every post. I appreciate how a newer member can get frustrated if they are not used to it as we are not as loose as some other sites. Something we do have here is a wealth of experienced keepers who are willing to take the time to answer the same questions over and over.
    I don't see a ton of attitude from the majority of the members until someone asks for advice and then gets defensive instead of taking it as constructive criticism.
    --Walt

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to waltah! For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (08-16-2009),Beto510 (08-16-2009),Bruce Whitehead (08-17-2009),eclipsesmommy (08-16-2009),Foschi Exotic Serpents (09-04-2009),monk90222 (08-16-2009),Ponthieux (08-17-2009),Royal Morphz (08-23-2009)

Thanks

actually i thought, is this really that bad of a word ?
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=99370
    here is my infracted post.
    im not mad i got an infraction, i deserved it
    im just saying people shouldnt get their panties up in a bunch , including those asking for advice and maybe admins should regulate that too so people dont get turned off to the site like i have.
    lizzzy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

The site has almost 13,000 members. Today around 160 were online, many with multiple posts. How would you go about regulating all of that? We can't make people get along and play nice as it's an open forum. When things get out of hand the staff will generally chime in. Sometimes threads get moved to QT as that's what it's there for. To think that this many members will not rub each the wrong way from time to time is wishful thinking.
    Everyone should have the ability here to voice their opinions. When those opinions don't match your own that makes for a discussion. That what forums are all about.
    --Walt

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waltah! For This Useful Post:

Beto510 (08-16-2009),rabernet (08-16-2009),spk329 (08-16-2009)

Thanks

i understand thanks for taking the time to help me see your side, really.
    lizzzy

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast