Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,851

1 members and 2,850 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

New Pics of Marrok, Bella and a friend

We had some friends visit for 9 days recently and they brought along their 1.5 year old pitbull/boxer mix, Sandy. All three dogs got on beautifully and formed an almost instant pack. Here's some photos from that visit and a few others of Marrok and Bella around the house....

Miss Bella snuggling with my friend, Sherrie. Poor Sandy definitely felt a bit sad about Bella getting her "mom's" attention....

Bella and Sandy wrestling.....

Marrok wanted some Auntie Sherrie snuggle time too!....

Three happy dogs.....

Sherrie was very popular with the pups.....

Sandy....

Bella....

My husband tried to sneak off with a fan for a nice cool nap on a hot afternoon...yay right buddy LOL....

Marrok making sure his ladies weren't playing too rough. It was hilarious to watch him intercede whenever he felt either Sandy or Bella was being too pushy during playtime. If they didn't stop he'd shoulder them away then if they didn't get the point he'd gently but firmly grab their necks and push them over into a submissive posture. This picture was shot right after Bella got in Marrok's bad books for growling at Sandy too much (at least in Marrok's opinion). Those two busy party girls kept him very busy and he missed quite a few of his naps that week....

And speaking of naps.....

One day I put out my pillow and blanket so I could have a nice quiet lay down for a couple of hours. I wandered off to the kitchen to grab an iced drink. This is what I found when I got back. Darn sneaky dogs!

Marrok's doing really well. He's such a nice stable dog - protective but not aggressive and with almost perfect manners. Bella's really settling down too following his lead. We are doing a very simple training program with both of them called NILIF (nothing in life is free) and seeing very fast results and some very nice behaviours, especially from spoiled princess Bella.

Marrok unfortunately has a bad case of happy tail so may end up with having to have his tail docked if we can't get it healed properly.
    Last edited by frankykeno; 08-15-2009 at 08:15 AM.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Re: New Pics of Marrok, Bella and a friend

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post

One day I put out my pillow and blanket so I could have a nice quiet lay down for a couple of hours. I wandered off to the kitchen to grab an iced drink. This is what I found when I got back. Darn sneaky dogs!

That is funny of course you were making the bed for them .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by americangypsy View Post
    That is funny of course you were making the bed for them .
    Well they sure seemed to think so but then they both think they own every box fan in the house. Marrok also has learned to listen for the central AC to kick on and will run to flop down or beside one of the vents in the house. He's big enough that he completely blocks the vent but he does love his chilly AC air on a hot day LOL.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

They look so happy and healthy, Jo! I love seeing the pictures!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    They look so happy and healthy, Jo! I love seeing the pictures!
    Thanks Robin!

We are finally getting some proper weight on Marrok which is nice. His happy tail issues are not great right now with all the company we've had lately so I've had to wrap his tail tip quite a lot lately. He's such a good big boy though and will let me do just about anything with him. He continues to be an amazing dog - doing his work guarding the house and family but not at all aggressive, just focused and protective but also a wonderfully loving happy dog.

Bella is coming along so well these days! Being around a stable dog like Marrok is really helping her to calm down and I think the structure of a pack works very well for her. She's so naturally dominant that having Marrok school her a bit is allowing her to accept commands from Mike and I a lot better. The extra exercise of playing with Marrok is also helping her be a much calmer and nicer dog. We started the NILIF (nothing in life is free) training with both of them and as simple as it is, wow the results are amazing!
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

All great looking dogs.. especially Marrok, he looks like he came thru the whole neutering fiasco with flying colors LOL!!!

Registered User VictorianBulldogs's Avatar
    Thanks

This was really nice to see these photos.

Our Victorian Bulldogs are also of same size and well mannered as well. They never come to our bed unless and until we call them to get up.

If your dogs understand the meaning of your face expression than handling them is really easy.

Thanks

Thank you so much for making me giggle today!!! What a great trio they were together! I bet you all laughed quite a bit watching them interact and nap
    Mama to 4 rescues and my son,Chandler, born silently 12/18/96:

0:1 Dobie/Shep mix "Shanti
    0:1 Brittany Spaniel mix "Jasmine"
    1:0 Cornish Rex "Johnny"
    1:0 BP adult "Tanveer