Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,545

0 members and 1,545 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Hawaiin Blue Pit Bull?

Has anyone ever heard of this?

I was hiking one day, and I saw some strange looking beautiful dog, pointy ears like a Doberman, looked like a pitbull with a longer snout...and the coat was greyish blue...I had to stop and ask the owner what kind of dog was it...and she told me it was a Hawaiin Blue Pitbull...Has anyone ever heard of it? If so, can you connect me to some breeders, this is the dog I really want...

I tried googling it in so many ways, and I only get Blue Pitbulls from Hawaii...which is not the same as I saw that day...The lady could be wrong and the dog could be a mix...Geez I'm in love with this dog...
    Anthony
    -----------------------
    0.1 Classic BP (Montie)
    0.0.1 Fool's Gold Classic BP (Pyrite)
    0.1 Leopard Gecko (Zoob)

Thanks

Re: Hawaiin Blue Pit Bull?

Yes, I have seen them before. They're very cool!

Check out these links:

http://808bluepitbull.com/

http://loyaltybluepitbulls.com/

http://ravenswoodbluepitbullkennel.com/
    -Nordin-

Thanks

Do you have a pic or can you get one? More than likely it just a blue pit with and extra name tacked on to it. Since a Blue pit / Bluenose Pit isn't a breed any way. Just a color, just another way to try and make more money off of people who know nothing about them. These days Pitbulls have so many other breeds (as well as other things) thrown into them there's no telling what that dog actually is. On one of those websites it actually says their Pits come from America. So what makes it a Hawaiian pit? Even though the parents are bred in America, sent to Hawaii and someone else buys a pup thats sent back to the States and now its a Hawaiian Pit . Just another Pitbull with a Blue coat in my opinion.

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts

BYB garbage. There's only one breed, American Pit Bull Terrier. Coat color doesn't make it a different breed. Blue pit bulls are a dime a dozen these days because it's the fad color, most are so horribly out of structure and temperment it's depressing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

zackw419 (03-07-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    BYB garbage. There's only one breed, American Pit Bull Terrier. Coat color doesn't make it a different breed. Blue pit bulls are a dime a dozen these days because it's the fad color, most are so horribly out of structure and temperment it's depressing.
    Do you have a source to back up the temperament/structure statement for blue colored pits?

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts

A source? Yeah google "blue pit bull" and try to find a single breeder that shows/works/health tests. Anyone breeding for color like that isn't concerned about what really matters. And I have a byb blue pit myself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

zackw419 (03-07-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    I have to agree to a point - the American Pit Bull Terrier is a compact, well muscled, game dog... and the blue color is a fad right now that is very popular with people who want a pit bull for how it makes them look... instead of wanting a pit bull for what it is - an amazing terrier of any color.

My beef is not on color - it's with the physiological attributes go along with the dogs that are bred specifically *for* that blue color. I think many of the breeders that are specifically breeding for coat color only are breeding a dog that is so far away from what the APBT is... they really do seem like another breed. Take a look at all of those dogs on the sites posted above - do they really look like pit bulls, or do they look like oversized, unsound mastiffs?

This is not a pit bull:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ricanBully.jpg

This is also... not a pit bull...

http://www.steelcityblueskennels.com...UD2%5B1%5D.jpg

THIS, IMO, is a Pit Bull!

http://www.stillwaterkennelsupply.co...s/Lilbit23.jpg

I went through 20 pages of google images of "blue pit bull" search - but I didn't see a single one that looked like the fawn dog here.
    Last edited by dr del; 08-15-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: hotlinking I'm afraid but a link to them is fine ;-)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sekaiNdobes For This Useful Post:

Firefighter7457 (11-12-2009),malinois (07-18-2011),qiksilver (08-15-2009),zackw419 (03-07-2010)

Thanks

Ditto sekaiNdobes,..but more like over sized, unsound pit bull x mastiffs.

Thanks

I don't think you guys understood me...

This dog was not like a regular looking pitbull, and i'm not talking about the coat...I'm saying his face was a beauty...long snout, and pointy ears like a doberman...Yes his coat was blue, and yes, she titled him as a Hawaiin Blue Pit Bull...But based on the description not his title, I was wondering if you ever heard such a breed....

He did kinda looked like this one http://www.stillwaterkennelsupply.co...s/Lilbit23.jpg but with the blue gray coat, and ears were shaped different and his face a slight...just a slight thicker....
    Anthony
    -----------------------
    0.1 Classic BP (Montie)
    0.0.1 Fool's Gold Classic BP (Pyrite)
    0.1 Leopard Gecko (Zoob)

Thanks

Still a pit or pit mix with a different style of clipped ears. The only recognized pit bull breed is the APBT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast