Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,347

1 members and 3,346 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Question Couple of questions on what I should do.

Hello everyone. I got a question for you. I live in rochester mn, and I'm looking into picking up a breeders permit for my local area, but I'm kind of at a cross roads about what to do. Should I do it now, or should I wait and see what happens with the laws that are going through the house and the senate. From what I can tell. In my local area ball pythons are legal, and nothing is wrong with having them if they aren't a danger to anyone. (see http://www.rochestermn.gov/departmen...df/ORD106A.pdf ). I also plan on filing a D.B.A. and claiming any/all income on my taxes. Come thursday my collection will be 45+, so I figure now is a good time to start knocking out this paperwork, but I wanted to get your opinions. See what you think. There is a little voice inside my head that is telling me wait and make sure they don't pass any laws... but I know that isn't the "right" thing to do. Let me know what you think, and please read over the city ordinaces too to make sure I'm not missing anything... Thanks!!
    Coolluigi007
    0.1 Pastel Pos Het Orange Ghost, 2.1 Pastel, 1.0 Mojave Pos Het Orange Ghost, 3.0 Yellowbelly, 1.0 100 % Het Pied, 0.8 50% Het Pied, 3.10 Normal, 0.2 100% Het Orange Ghost, 0.2 Spider, 1.2 100% Het VPI Axanthic... and soon to be more. *fingers crossed*

Thanks

Re: Couple of questions on what I should do.

Quote Originally Posted by coolluigi007 View Post
    Hello everyone. I got a question for you. I live in rochester mn, and I'm looking into picking up a breeders permit for my local area, but I'm kind of at a cross roads about what to do. Should I do it now, or should I wait and see what happens with the laws that are going through the house and the senate. From what I can tell. In my local area ball pythons are legal, and nothing is wrong with having them if they aren't a danger to anyone. (see http://www.rochestermn.gov/departmen...df/ORD106A.pdf ). I also plan on filing a D.B.A. and claiming any/all income on my taxes. Come thursday my collection will be 45+, so I figure now is a good time to start knocking out this paperwork, but I wanted to get your opinions. See what you think. There is a little voice inside my head that is telling me wait and make sure they don't pass any laws... but I know that isn't the "right" thing to do. Let me know what you think, and please read over the city ordinaces too to make sure I'm not missing anything... Thanks!!
    i would suggest you contact a lawyer and an accountant

Thanks

Why would I do that? The breeders permit and the D.B.A. forms are fifty bucks total. A lawyer answering my phone call is probably more than that....
    Coolluigi007
    0.1 Pastel Pos Het Orange Ghost, 2.1 Pastel, 1.0 Mojave Pos Het Orange Ghost, 3.0 Yellowbelly, 1.0 100 % Het Pied, 0.8 50% Het Pied, 3.10 Normal, 0.2 100% Het Orange Ghost, 0.2 Spider, 1.2 100% Het VPI Axanthic... and soon to be more. *fingers crossed*

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

You are most likely going to have to contact somebody for support, and help, and also managing everything.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)