Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,390

1 members and 1,389 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Electric Blue Day Geckos?

Oh my god. I saw some today and fell in love.

I can't seem to find much info on them. Any good sites you guys can recommend?

I want a male/female pair or treo to have on display in my living room.

They're pretty much the cutest things I've ever laid eyes on.
    -Paul-

Thanks

Re: Electric Blue Day Geckos?

I don't think they classify as day geckos technically but they are pretty and reasonably affordable, I have considered them as future additions to the collection.
    Try googling the scientific name Lygodactylus williamsi though even then you don't get much. Near as I can tell care is similar to cresties. Hopefully someone who has these will be on soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazboots View Post
    I don't think they classify as day geckos technically but they are pretty and reasonably affordable, I have considered them as future additions to the collection.
    Try googling the scientific name Lygodactylus williamsi though even then you don't get much. Near as I can tell care is similar to cresties. Hopefully someone who has these will be on soon.
    Thanks.

As you can tell I really have no idea about them other than I'm madly in love.
    -Paul-

Thanks

I went with a 1.4 group of tokays for now because at least there is more info out there on them and I worked with them in the lab before though the Lygodactylus williamsi are defiantly still on the wanted list cause the males are outstanding.
    I am one of those people that likes to have care information from numerous sources and there just isn't a lot out there on them. Its hard enough to find info on my vine snake.

Thanks

There are two shops in my area that have them. I plan on picking their brains too.

They made it seem like they're like any other simple gecko to keep. Now it's just a matter of finding a few to buy.
    -Paul-

Thanks

A simple gecko is a viper or pictus gecko, I don't consider any of the arboreal geckos to be simple since the ones I know of need higher humidity and many need baby food or repashy added to their diet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazboots View Post
    A simple gecko is a viper or pictus gecko, I don't consider any of the arboreal geckos to be simple since the ones I know of need higher humidity and many need baby food or repashy added to their diet.
    I see. Well, these are the things I need to know. I have a humidifier fogger already, and humid/temp gauges. Maybe I'll just pick up the controller for these guys and call it done.
    -Paul-

Thanks

http://lygodactylus.com/williamsi.html
    This is the most complete care sheet I can find but I can't tell its accuracy and probably won't be keeping them my self till I find a few more veiwpoints to compare it to, I was kind of hoping someone would chime in on here that has kept them themselves for an extended period of time.

Thanks

I've never kept them but am seriously considering it...here's one of the sites that I found. Look for caresheets and forums from the UK, since it's apparently been more extensively bred and kept in the UK than in the US.

http://www.geckosunlimited.com/commu...williamsi.html

I've heard a lot from a lot of different places, some of it conflicting...they do seem to need a high humidity, and males can't be kept together due to fighting and dominance issues, but apparently, they do well in small to medium sized arboreal terrerriums that can hold in humidity well. You can keep them in pairs and trios pretty well that way, but you have to watch out for the eggs; they don't care for the eggs, and the eggs can't be removed from the glass of the terrerium, and you have to cover them until they hatch, or risk killing the eggs by moving them. The babies have to be removed right away or the parents will eat them...that is, if you intend to get more than one.

I've also heard they have a nasty temperament, but I'm not sure on that one, as it was just hearsay. Anyone else got some information? Thanks!
    Ball Pythons
    1.0 Normal "Draccy"
    0.2 Normal "Matika", "Lara Croft"
    1.0 Lesser Cinny "Thor"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Seneschal For This Useful Post:

Soterios (11-18-2009)

Thanks

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm still keeping my eye on them.
    -Paul-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast