Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,166

2 members and 2,164 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This Is IT!

Thanks

This Is IT!

Okay, i have created my official piece... I have taken all advice on originality, artwork, etc. And have come up with a sick idea! Black Skull Exotics! Check it Out!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: This Is IT!

Hi,

I'm really trying not to be a buzzkill but it still looks kind of dark and intimidating. Would it be possible to lighten the skull tone and make it more a comedy skull than and evil staring harbinger of doom?

Also, and I hate to be the one pointing this out, BSE is a scary brain eating disease in cattle that crosses over into humans.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

I'm really trying not to be a buzzkill but it still looks kind of dark and intimidating. Would it be possible to lighten the skull tone and make it more a comedy skull than and evil staring harbinger of doom?

Also, and I hate to be the one pointing this out, BSE is a scary brain eating disease in cattle that crosses over into humans.

dr del
    Well nothings perfect lol... I could lighten the tone of the skull but then it
    wouldnt look like a "black Skull"... more like a grey skull... I might actually change it to silver skull exotics.. Sounds smoother and will work out better.. Thanks for the info.. I dont want people thinking im selling snakes with a brain eating disease from cows LMAO!

Thanks

I think you'll attract just as many people as you'll push away with a logo like that. I actually like it but I can definitely see how it might look a little sinister or agressive.

My only critism would be that you loose the detail of the skull's face when you shrink the size of the logo. Maybe if those detail lines within the skull were a different color???
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks

Okay, took the last bits of advice and created this... I changed the name to silver skull exotics because the name flows better, and is just all around better...(as dr.del said, bse is a brain eating disease... lol)... So now its SSE.. And i made it look less "sinister" by adding a big grin And getting rid of the evil eyebrows..... The logo is huge here... I can shrink it to any size i want, so i made it huge so it would never resize pixelated...

Thanks

I've looked at and liked a few of your designs as you've posted them.

This one just does not speak to me.

At first I didn't see all 3 snakes because I was so distracted by the skull. I was excited to see the skull, and found myself dissappointed in it. (I really hate skulls with eyes, if you think about it, it's very macabre)

My opinion is keep working on it. But you do VERY nice and professional work.
    "I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful." ~Marilyn Monroe

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

I know you are trying to find your niche here, but EVERYTHING you have posted up so far is very macabre...

You will not see many people wanting to do business with someone who has representations of DEATH on thier logo..

In this industry, all you have to go with is your reputation and your image. A lot of people are already telling you that you are not taking this the right way, maybe you should think a bit more about that before continuing on??

Really.

No one is saying pink fluffy bunnies here...

But if you insist on going that way, then best of luck to you.
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

I know I've got a reputation here for not speaking my mind, for prevarication and obfuscation, but I gotta level with you here, only because you asked, scrap the whole idea IF you want to appeal to mainstream buyers.

Mom and Dad are most likely NOT going to be visiting your website or stopping at your table when they're out shopping for Little Timmy's new pet.

I'm sure you'll get all the 15 to 19 year old tatted, pierced, metalhead unemployed lookers that currently exist, maybe even some of the emo crowd, but how many of them have money to spend?

Target your market. WHO do you want to sell to?

And for those of you who are 15 to 19, have lots of tats and piercings, love metal music and are unemployed....get a job losers.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    And for those of you who are 15 to 19, have lots of tats and piercings, love metal music and are unemployed....get a job losers.
    I have to admit, I LOLed...
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOhh View Post
    I know you are trying to find your niche here, but EVERYTHING you have posted up so far is very macabre...

You will not see many people wanting to do business with someone who has representations of DEATH on thier logo..

In this industry, all you have to go with is your reputation and your image. A lot of people are already telling you that you are not taking this the right way, maybe you should think a bit more about that before continuing on??

Really.

No one is saying pink fluffy bunnies here...

But if you insist on going that way, then best of luck to you.

I dont see how this is representing death... If i posted a Demon Skull, With Crossbones, and blood spilling out of the mouth with k9 teeth, and red eyes, surrounded by candles, i can see how you would think im representing death... But this is just a simple little cartoon skull (Very simple, with a smile!), with a couple of colorful snakes hanging off of it.... Plus it is is glowing with golden light, which is the opposite of evil.. lol Just because its a "Skull", doesnt mean its representing death or "macabre"....

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast