Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,873

2 members and 2,871 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts

Tools We Wish We Had

Just a minor idea--I think it would be useful for folks to describe issues they've run into, as perhaps it would lead to some solutions being created (or even to new products being designed in the future).

I'll start it off with this one:

I wish I had some sort of long-handled and easy-to-manipulate lightweight tool for cleaning and swabbing disinfectant into the backs and undersides of my ball python rack shelves. They are too long to reach into with an arm, and I would like to use chlorhex on all the surfaces the animals can come into contact with, particularly in my quarantine bins.

I can probably cobble something like that together eventually, but it would be really nice if something ideal for that purpose already existed. It would need to have a large rounded head with fluffy material or lengths of sponge (so that it can easily get all the corners), similar to some dish washing tools, but larger and much longer. It would be nice not to have to strain to use it.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Thanks

Re: Tools We Wish We Had

Ok, a few months ago I wished I had a table saw or chop saw to make cutting wood for cage building easier. As a birthday present, I received both.

Now, I wish I had a sander with multiple speeds.

I would also like a contraption that would allow me to use my temp gun inside tubs. The only way to use the temp gun in a tub is to slide the tub out. Of course, that pulls it off the heating source and gives an inaccurate measurement. I would like a wand of sorts with the gun on the end that could slip into the tub through a small opening and be aimed at the floor to take the temperature ON the heat source, and a long trigger/switch to press the button.
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WingedWolfPsion View Post
    Just a minor idea--I think it would be useful for folks to describe issues they've run into, as perhaps it would lead to some solutions being created (or even to new products being designed in the future).

I wish I had some sort of long-handled and easy-to-manipulate lightweight tool for cleaning and swabbing disinfectant into the backs and undersides of my ball python rack shelves. They are too long to reach into with an arm, and I would like to use chlorhex on all the surfaces the animals can come into contact with, particularly in my quarantine bins.

I can probably cobble something like that together eventually, but it would be really nice if something ideal for that purpose already existed. It would need to have a large rounded head with fluffy material or lengths of sponge (so that it can easily get all the corners), similar to some dish washing tools, but larger and much longer. It would be nice not to have to strain to use it.
    have you tried those foam sponge toilet bowl brushes.

personally id like to have a cnc metal brake and a shear oh yea and also a metal lathe then that hydrojet cutter they have on orange county choppers and a table saw

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

I wish I had a bandsaw and a small wood lathe.

Also my own garage to use as a workshop.. I'm trying to figure out how to do wood carving once winter rolls around and it's too cold to do it outside.

Thanks

I think I remember watching one of ralph davis' videos where he was cleaning the tubs and rack shelves of females that had just laid and he used something that looked like a squeegee.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...10000003+90048

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100532482

There are also different lengths of poles and telescopic poles that you could use with it

Thanks

I remember seeing an info commercial where there use this tool to clean windshields that would work good for racks and tubs