Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,221

0 members and 1,221 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Help pick the combos pls!!!

Okay, so my brother has 5 BPs, and myself a mere 1 (but an awesome one at that!). We are looking to maybe get a breeding project going. BUT we are curious as to what we should make with our possible pairings. Anyway, lets take a look at what we have:

My BP:
    1.0 Super Pastel, around 700gm right now, growing like a weed (up from around 240g in April).

My Brother's BPs:
    1.1 Normal (Sorry Eros (1.0 norm) buddy, but probably no action for you, but you're still a great pet!
    1.0 Pinstripe
    1.0 High Contrast Albino
    0.1 Mojave

Now this season is probably going to be My Super Pastel male with his normal female, as they are the only two who will for sure be of size (want to do things responsibly and not risk the anmials) by early next year when we were thinking of going for the lock. However, for the next season, everyone should be of breeding size and ready and willing (hopefully!) to go. What pairings would you suggest making?
    Some of what we have thought:

1.0 Pinstripe x 0.1 Mojave = Jigsaw
    1.0 Super Pastel x 0.1 Mojave = Pastave (the rest being all pastels at the min!)
    1.0 HC Albino x Normal = All hets for future!
    1.0 HC Albino x 0.1 Mojave = Hets again but more Mojos.
    ETC ETC

Anyway, what are your thoughts for now....and into the future even longer down the road, what we could make with some of the offspring.

Thanks for your guys thoughts and opinions!!!

P.S. I endeavor to get a piebald, and eventually make killer pieds with my Super Pastel!!

Thanks

Re: Help pick the combos pls!!!

Super Pastel x Mojave and Pin x Normal would be my choices. Then I'd buy a female het albino about a year away from breeding, probably still a decent price. Would be faster than doing the abino x normal and waiting for a female het to reach breeding age.

Keep in mind you could end up with alot of snakes, make sure you get the ones you want or ones that are easy to get rid of if you can't care for that many snakes.
    0.1 - Normal - 4 Months? Old
    0.1 - Mojave Hatchling

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DustinB View Post
    Super Pastel x Mojave and Pin x Normal would be my choices. Then I'd buy a female het albino about a year away from breeding, probably still a decent price. Would be faster than doing the abino x normal and waiting for a female het to reach breeding age.

Keep in mind you could end up with alot of snakes, make sure you get the ones you want or ones that are easy to get rid of if you can't care for that many snakes.
    That's pretty close to what I was going to say. I would definitely do Super pastel x mojo for all pastels and pastaves, and pin x norm, then next year pin x mojave for jigsaws. It looks like the two of you could afford to get a nice '07 or '08 female het albino or two and not waste years making your own hets with the male you have. Good luck.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

First off, I totally agree with you, and we wouldn't breed anything we couldn't keep ourselves, because its just irresponsible. I'm surprised everyone is saying to go for the pastaves and not the Jigsaws. Either way, I think there is a BEL project in the future if we can get a male Mojo. How much do Het Albino's run these days?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Why not go for a "who's yer daddy" season?

Put the pinstripe and superpastel males to the normal and mojave females.

I would hold back a few females and a male of any combo you get if you have room.

Sell anything you do not see any future plans with or exchange them for new blood or morphs - a 100% het high contrast albino female for example or a male mojo or female pastel.

That should give you an exciting time at egg hatching time the first season and a good sold basis for the second one.

Maybe the next season you could only put the HC albino to the normal female or mojave female for example.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Sounds like a pretty good idea. Might get some interesting sights when the babies pop out! Have people had much success with multiple fathers making it into the same clutch? Would be cool to get all pastaves/jigsaws!

Thanks

Sometimes you get many different, others you only get one type. Like that thread about the ninja sperm that impregnated several females. Several males bred to each and only that snake's ninja sperm succeeded.
    0.1 - Normal - 4 Months? Old
    0.1 - Mojave Hatchling

Thanks

I would go for super pastel x mojo and pin x normal

You could pick up a het albino female and breed to get albinos
    Kevin

1.0 Normal Ball: Luther
    0.1 Pastel Ball
    1.0 Spider Ball

Thanks

I'm really surprised people aren't going for the Jigsaws. Very curious. I think in the long run, its probably a better option, if we got some good females from those pairings we could do some very fun things! Fans more of Pastaves than Jigsaws? Or thinking better to get a possible female Pin from the pairing?

I don't know quite yet what our thoughts on the albino's are. My brother's albino male is still quite a little fellow so he's more on the horizon. Just trying to really do some thinking before hand.

Anyway, what are people's final thoughts, Pastave vs. Jigsaw (in the context of my situation)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PythonWallace View Post
    That's pretty close to what I was going to say. I would definitely do Super pastel x mojo for all pastels and pastaves, and pin x norm, then next year pin x mojave for jigsaws. It looks like the two of you could afford to get a nice '07 or '08 female het albino or two and not waste years making your own hets with the male you have. Good luck.
    Why not breed both codom males to both codom females?
    Eddie Strong, Jr.