Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,202

5 members and 3,197 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

finding an exporter in usa

I have been trying to find someone in the states who I can get CITES paperwork for.

We are able to import. As we pickup from the airport in north Dakota, this seems to leave us able to get from anyone willing to fill out CITES

Here's the issue:

When we wish to buy from multiple breeders, we end up having to apply for CITES for each breeder = more money $100 a shot, and more room for delay/errors

Is there a way for a Canadian to buy and move multiple snakes across the border? or a way to fill out a single cites for multiple breeders? I.E. Can I fill out my own paperwork and just fill in separate breeder info.

Having a heck of a time finding this. Or am I stuck having to ship animals to a single breeder than pay him to reship?

Shawn

Thanks

Re: finding an exporter in usa

You need a customs broker. There are many online you can find that will work with small businesses and put your border crossing documents and any cites paperwork in order for you and handle everything. They should be able to find one point of entry for all of your imports from Canada, not exactly sure how they would go about it though, or if several breeders would be willing to do that.

I'm not an animal exporter/importer, just what I gleaned from the web and work.

Thanks

yeah Well id ont even need the exporter part, just the cites. as I said. I'm an exporter

Thanks

Brokers should be able to do a part or all of the process, i.e., get you cites.

Thanks

k well where would i find a broker? google has failed me horribly on the search for them

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Best I can think would be to ask some of the bigger breeders if they know anyone.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

I'm surprised you had a tough time finding a broker online. Only one I know off the top of my head is livingston international... but anyways, here, search for small business customs broker (or forwarder), you should get a lot of results.

Also, UPS is a brokering service, I would call them up and see if they can do a part of the process, or if they hire that out.

I found brokers here:

http://www.google.com/search?q=small...ient=firefox-a

OR

http://www.pobdirectory.com/Category...ht-Forwarders/

Also, look into your states specific small business websites. Michigan had a whole directory of local exporters and broker services. You should be able to find the same.