Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,949

0 members and 2,949 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Jay_Bunny's Mealworm Colony

Now that I have a leopard gecko (got her at a show yesterday) I'm going to breed my own mealworms. The last time I had a leo, she put away 15 mealworms a day at minimum, so I figure, breeding my own would be a good idea. Since I only bought 50 (I bought them before I got her because one of my ferrets loves mealworms), my colony is still very small. I have two pupa already though, so I've got my fingers crossed for more.

I was wondering if rabbit food pellets would be ok to feed to them. We got a rabbit a while ago (a tiny little thing) but he died (we think he may have been too young and wasn't weaned) and we have an entire bag of rabbit pellets just sitting around.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Re: Jay_Bunny's Mealworm Colony

Egg laying mash for chickens works well. Just run it through a blender or coffee grinder first, or you will hate yourself when it is time to harvest. If it is ground fine then you can use a sifter to separate the worms from the bedding. Also, make sure to throw a slice of potato, apple, etc in every few days for moisture. I use the stalks from greens that I feed my uros and dragons.
    6.13 Corns, 4.5 Ball Pythons, 1.0 Mex Mex King, 1.1 Mali Uromastyx, 1.1 Red Saharan Uromastyx, 0.1 ETB, 1.0 Boxer