Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,039

2 members and 3,037 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Thanks
    I'm looking at 2 sizes for the HDX 5-Shelf. One is 36 in. W x 72 in. H x 18 in. D for $34.97 and the other is 24 in. D x 36 in. W x 72 in. H for $49.97. Which one should I get?
    Humans: 0.1 Amanda, 1.0 Husband, 2.3 Children
    Ball Pythons: 2.2 "Classics" - Elmo (RIP), Mr. Noodle, Zoe, and Molly, 1.0 Pastel - Oscar, 1.0 Pinstripe het Hypo - Romeo, 1.0 Enchi - Eccleston 1.0 Mojave - Mr. Pillows, 1.0 Mojave Enchi - Commander Pumpkin Guns, 1.0 Black Pastel - Count Chocula 0.1 Butter het Hypo - Kerry Gold, 0.1 Spinner - Lucinda, 0.1 Spider - Luna, 0.1 Orange Ghost - Juliet 0.1 Blue Eyed Leucistic - Snow, and 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi YB 50% het Hypo 1.0 Bumblebelly - Ted Legend
    Other Snakes: 7.8 Boas, 1.1 Reticulated Pythons - Little Sister and Giovanni, 2.1 Blood Pythons - Gonzo, Snugglewumps and Narcissa, 0.1 Dumerils Boa - Blossom
    Lizards: 0.0.1 BTS - Smaug, 0.1 Bearded Dragon - Kilgharrah, 0.1 Leopard Gecko - Mavis

Thanks
    We did a smaller one of these just for 3 tubs. Theyre great because no matter your needs you can make them work!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk now Free

Thanks

Re: The Frugal Herper's Snake Rack

I am making a rack similar to tjis but for 2 15qt tubs and 1 34 qt sterilite tube. It is interchangeable for the tubs if you keep the lids on. My question is can th eheat tape go directly onto the plastic shelf it's self? Or do I have to put foil tape down then heat tape ?

Thanks

Very interesting. Going to try this. If this saves..

Thanks

HDX Shelving unit 24 in. D x 36 in. W x 72 in. H for $49.97
    Saw these on sale the other day at home depot for 39.97 , price drop of $10.00 so picked one up. A question I have on the build is it necessary to screw the plastic tubes to
    the shelf units? Is this done just to stabilize the shelf unit?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turkemon View Post
    A question I have on the build is it necessary to screw the plastic tubes to the shelf units? Is this done just to stabilize the shelf unit?

I screwed the tubes on mine and I'm glad I did because over time the shelves settle and you can end up with tighter rows that will make it difficult to slide the tubs in/out easily. When I built mine I used the tubs themselves as a spacer for shelf height and then screwed the tubes to the shelf to make the height rigid, yet even with the screws the shelves settled ever-so-slightly over time. If I were to build one again I would have used a sheet of plastic (or some other item/material) an 1/8th inch thick to place over the tubs to give a slight more space between the shelves, because gravity will tighten the shelves over time, even with screws! I happen to like easy sliding tubs. 😁

Thanks for telling us about the shelving units at Home Depot! 👍

Thanks

I built a couple of these and they work great! After the first one you can build in no time! Most bang for the buck, especially when you get into the bigger tubs.
    And remember you can use any tubs on a shelf ( as long as they are the same) as you are custom fitting each shelf height for those particular tubs. So you could mix and match different brands on different shelves.
    Totally customized to what YOU want!! I totally agree with screwing the tubes in place too, absolutely necessary to keep from settling over time.

Thanks

This was probably asked or mentioned at some point, but can't you just flip the shelves upside down and use the ribbed underside for heat rope and this would put the solid sides over the tubs to keeps the reptiles confined too? I might have to try it myself if not...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789