Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,646

0 members and 2,646 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Allergies.

Thanks

Allergies.

Hey there everyone. I was jusst thinking about the funny looks I get when I'm over at a friends and I comment about being alleric to dogs and then they go ".....don't you have a dog?" Why yes, yes I do. But this got me wondering how many of you dog owners also have them regardless of allergies, and more importantly, yourchosen remedies for the situation. Do you just deal with it, use a special shampoo or spray, vaccume very often, comb a lot, take medication or over the counter..what do you do??? Also the type of dog you have. If you have cats too, or only cats/anything with fur, the means shoudl be roughly the same so throw in your 2 cents as well!!

For me, I have a german shepard. I really make an effort to vacume like a crazy person every few days, brush her when she's sheding really bad, and we have this spray that you pat on that is specifically for allergies, and it works surprisingly well. I'll have to write down the name when I go home next so I can share with you all. Even then, I still react. Prescription allergy medications never really helped, and made me SUPER hungry. Wall-dryll seems to do the job around half of the time. I rarely use it though, just kind of quarantine myself in my room (that I never let her in), or the basement where she never really goes. Never used to react to dogs, so this is quite annoying. It makes my eyes dry and puffy, my skin itch and burn, my ears go DARK red and burn like my body from the shoulders up. It's really not pleasent. Feels like I'm on fire. These more severe reactions though, are not with my dog, but with other peoples, namely college students that never clean there houses....ugh. Way to vacume once a year (if that), and never air out the house. ::slowclap::

hahah anyways I'm intersted to hear from everyone!
    0.1 '05 Het. Hypo - Lelu
    1.0 '06 Hypo - Chester ; 0.1 '11 hypo holdback
    0.1 '07 Woma - Cleopatra aka Cleo
    1.0 '11 Pinstripe het hypo
    0.1 '06 German Shepard Runt - Mika (me-kuh)
    "it's not like cool-aide. its like..you know that powder that you put in water that makes it flavored" -you know who you are

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Re: Allergies.

My friend is a vet tech and she is deathly allergic to all animals. She gets shots for the allergies like twice a month. :/

The only think I am allergic to is scented lotion (or other stuff you leave on your skin). Which sucks because every other girl gets to smell like flowers and I smell like crappy unscented lotion XD
    ~Steffe

Thanks

I'm allergic to all cats except the Cornish Rex breed. I get the wheezing, sneezing, red/itchy eyes (where you want to claw them out) etc.. I am the Boarding Supervisor at my work (Exotic Vet Hosp.) and absolutely still love on ALL cats LOL. I just make sure that I immediately wash my hands and high up on my arms. I also make sure I never touch my eye area after handling a cat. So far I have had no issues other then sometimes my skin gets itchy so I them apply the anti-itch cream you can get over the counter.

As far as dogs go, I am allergic to most breeds that have Shar Pei type hair and I do the same as above for it.
    Mama to 4 rescues and my son,Chandler, born silently 12/18/96:

0:1 Dobie/Shep mix "Shanti
    0:1 Brittany Spaniel mix "Jasmine"
    1:0 Cornish Rex "Johnny"
    1:0 BP adult "Tanveer

Thanks

I have three siberian huskies and a german shepard and Im deathly allergic to one of my huskies. But the other dogs do not bother me. BUt if I go to a friends or relatives that have inside dogs and they do not clean up after them like they should I will start sneezing and have a reaction if I stay in there house to long.