Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 918

1 members and 917 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Hopper mouse with 3 adult mice?

I put my hopper mouse in with 1 male and 2 female adult mice I got from petco yesterday. Today after work I came home and noticed the hoppers back feet were really raw looking and looks like he might have gotten bit on his lower back. Is it safe to keep him in with them? I don't know if he was just in the way while the male tried to mate or what, but right now he is in a seperate bin all alone. I feel bad for the guy that he's alone and would love for him to be ok with the adults for company. They were in a tight container yesterday till today after work but I upgraded them. Will he be ok alone if I can't put him with the adults?

Thanks

Re: Hopper mouse with 3 adult mice?

I would wait til he gets older.

I move all of my hopper/weanlings into the grow up tubs with larger mice. The other mice are easily 3 - 4 times the size of the hoppers, but because they are in a large number I think they get left alone.
    1.0: Honey Bee | Lesser | Banana Pastel Enchi | Clown 66% Het Albino
    0.1: Kingpin | x2 Mojave | Super Pastel HGW | Albino | Sterling Mojave Pinstripe | GHI Pewter | Pastel Het Clown | Sable 66% Het Clown

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Serpent View Post
    I would wait til he gets older.

I move all of my hopper/weanlings into the grow up tubs with larger mice. The other mice are easily 3 - 4 times the size of the hoppers, but because they are in a large number I think they get left alone.
    Turbo Mice cant bite THROUGH bins and make holes big enough to get out can they? I want to move my mice from a tank to a bin but i dont wanna risk them getting out then all over my house will I be fine with bins or just move to a bigger tank?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ballpython2 View Post
    Turbo Mice cant bite THROUGH bins and make holes big enough to get out can they? I want to move my mice from a tank to a bin but i dont wanna risk them getting out then all over my house will I be fine with bins or just move to a bigger tank?
    They cannot chew through bins, rats and ASFs are the ones you have to worry about.

I moved some weaners over and some of the sexually mature males started attacking them so I had to move them back to a different tub. I ended up losing 4 weanlings that had blazes.
    1.0: Honey Bee | Lesser | Banana Pastel Enchi | Clown 66% Het Albino
    0.1: Kingpin | x2 Mojave | Super Pastel HGW | Albino | Sterling Mojave Pinstripe | GHI Pewter | Pastel Het Clown | Sable 66% Het Clown