Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,384

1 members and 3,383 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Question? Theory?

Okay so this upcoming season I plan to get around 2/3 clutches of Bp eggs. Anyways I heard a theory that some Bp's or most won't breed if they are bought and then a couple months later put into breeding. I plan on getting a couple female morphs to go with one of my males. Does this happen to most or is this statement false? I just don't want to be let down this season just like I was this past one.

Daniel

Thanks

Re: Question? Theory?

As long as they are the correct size and the conditions are right they will breed. Just remember to quarintine them first before putting them anywhere near any of your other snakes. My snakes have locked up after being purchased and after I put them through qt so I think you will be fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshn6805 View Post
    As long as they are the correct size and the conditions are right they will breed. Just remember to quarintine them first before putting them anywhere near any of your other snakes. My snakes have locked up after being purchased and after I put them through qt so I think you will be fine.
    Thanks alot!

Daniel

Thanks

My pleasure.

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

DON"T bank on this. It is quite common for snakes recently acquired to not go the first year you try to breed them. I don't care if they are proven breeders, 5,000 grams, whatever. I have read of, and experienced many times when this has happened.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh View Post
    DON"T bank on this. It is quite common for snakes recently acquired to not go the first year you try to breed them. I don't care if they are proven breeders, 5,000 grams, whatever. I have read of, and experienced many times when this has happened.
    Hmm... Im kinda confused on the whole thing as well. I might have jumped the gun and gave him a false sense of hope. I have had a few locks with a new female but still waiting on an actual ovy or pre-lay shed. You have more experience than me with the breeding mike, have you ever had one that you did purchase lay that same year?

Thanks

Well considering that even a move to a new facility can throw off production for a year...As stated by several big breeders I would have to say good possibility.... I have acquired several breeding size girls and attempted to breed them the same season... I have only had 2 or 3 actually produce for me that 1st season with me... So there is hope but I think that yes their is a good chance that the move will affect breeding.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JAMills View Post
    Well considering that even a move to a new facility can throw off production for a year...As stated by several big breeders I would have to say good possibility.... I have acquired several breeding size girls and attempted to breed them the same season... I have only had 2 or 3 actually produce for me that 1st season with me... So there is hope but I think that yes their is a good chance that the move will affect breeding.
    Ha ha okay so there is a little hope, but a long-shot. My apologies to the original poster for jumping the gun on that response, Never Had that sorta problem so I jumped to a conclusion before doing the proper research or having the necessary experience in that matter.

Thanks

Hmm... Im kinda confused on the whole thing as well. I might have jumped the gun and gave him a false sense of hope. I have had a few locks with a new female but still waiting on an actual ovy or pre-lay shed. You have more experience than me with the breeding mike, have you ever had one that you did purchase lay that same year?
    False info tsk tsk I need true info! Lol

Daniel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simpson Balls View Post
    False info tsk tsk I need true info! Lol

Daniel
    This coming from you....

Wheres that Kettle....
    1.0: Honey Bee | Lesser | Banana Pastel Enchi | Clown 66% Het Albino
    0.1: Kingpin | x2 Mojave | Super Pastel HGW | Albino | Sterling Mojave Pinstripe | GHI Pewter | Pastel Het Clown | Sable 66% Het Clown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast