Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,225

1 members and 3,224 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Calling Maryland Residents!!

This is my latest letter from USARK.

I hope it hasn't been posted. I didn't see it. That's what mods are for right!

MARYLAND- Help USARK Fight S373 "PYTHON BAN"

As promised, USARK is spearheading a multi-pronged, multi-state, multi-media, grass roots campaign to gain a favorable outcome on S373 the "Python Ban". The recent tragedy in Florida combined with the recent Senate EPW Hearing in Washington, DC has provided Senator Bill Nelson a platform and the momentum to get this bill moving. It could move VERY QUICKLY! We think that it may not move on its own. It is quite possible that the language from S373 could be added to one of the big spending bills moving through the Senate. Regardless of how it happens, the information we have received from our team of lobbyists on Capitol Hill indicates that there is enough interest in the bill for it to move now.

The next step needs to be taken by Maryland citizens. The Chair of the Senate Subcommittee on Water & Wildlife is Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD). Maryland citizens are more likely to influence him than anyone else! I know many are furious about all the misinformation that has been put forward as if it were fact, but this is the time to get past that. It is crucial that the Reptile Nation present itself as reasonable and open to discussion. The language we use will be polite, professional and designed to enlist his cooperation. We need his cooperation. This bill is going to move. There is much sympathy for it in the Senate. Our challenge is to convince Senator Cardin that our suggestions will give him a better bill. Better for him, and better for Maryland citizens.

Again, this is only the first step. It is like peppering the battlefield prior to the major assault. To be successful will require the Reptile Nation to do what is required to make our case. I wish it were so easy as to just send out an email and be done with it. Random emails to legislators that are not familiar with the bill will do very little. Email can be effective if used in a very focused and targeted manner; and as part of a larger comprehensive strategy. With all that said, the first step will be an email by Maryland Citizens to Senator Ben Cardin. Once this has been done we will be ready for the next step in the strategy USARK has created.

Copy the Sample Letter
    Click the link below to email Senator Ben Cardin
    Fill out your info in the provided fields
    Put Please Amend S373 in Subject Line
    Paste the Sample Letter into the correct field
    Add your signature line to the Sample Letter
    Click Submit
    Email president@usark.org and let us know you did your part!
    Grab your internet pitchforks, and start cyber poking those senators!!!
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stratus_020202 For This Useful Post:

2kdime (07-15-2009),icygirl (07-15-2009)

Thanks

Re: Calling Maryland Residents!!

Wow, this sucks! Will be sending one an e-mail right away!

Thanks

Where on the website is this sample letter at? I'd like to write one and send it on in to him.
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

Thanks

For anyone who doesn't know, there's an organization called USARK that is calling on states at a time to help with legislation in Washington.

If your not a member yet, put down the Mountain Dew and Funyuns and get informed, and involved.

http://www.usark.org/join.php