Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,258

0 members and 3,258 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Rat Rack Results

Well on 6/24/09 I got my rat rack done. Before that I was getting one or two litters every few months. I now have 3 litters. Each one of the tubs have a litter except one. The litters are small but a HUGE increase than what I had before.

The first litter I found I took mom out because I was afraid the others would harm the babies. I took her out a few days ago. Today was tub cleaning day and I found the 2 other litters. I am SO happy! Granted the litters where only 3 in one and 4 in the others but I am not sure if it is because of crowding or because these where first litters for the mothers. The girls that chewed out I put in a large wire cage that I used to use for all my rats and they have yet to give me any babies. I am going to keep an eye on the size of the litters and how they fair to see if 1:5 1:4 or 1:3 gives bigger litters. I am so excited. I am going out to start on my second rat rack for my single rat moms and my asfs, tonight.

I thought I would share. This is exciting to find out because not only are the tubs a LOT easier to clean but so much easier to keep track of the rats and who gives what.

Thanks

Re: Rat Rack Results

Just another update. Last night I cleaned cages.

T1 had 17 babies, 7 weenlings and 10 fuzzys ( with 3 moms and 1 dad)
    T2 had 4 fuzzys (with 2 moms and no males)
    T3 had 9 pinkies (3 females and 1 male)
    t4 had 8 pinkies (2females and one male)
    t5 had no babies, checked this am and one of the moms had given birth So I didn't bother them.

Total, 38 babies (not counting the ones I have feed off) I am now able to supply my little balls (1 pastel female, 1 mojave male, 1 spider females) At 3.99 a pinky the little ones get expensive.

The rack is working out great. I have saved (very roughly) $160 on buying rats babies, I am impressed at how many babies are being born, how easy things are to clean. I planon making another one sooer or latter

Thanks

Re: Rat Rack Results

Thats great. Im actually trying to get me some more rat racks that hold more tubs. I would build mine but Im horrible at building things