Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,703

3 members and 2,700 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Registered User Freddiesinmyseat's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Naming your breeders?

Hey all. Just started breeding mice. I have a 1.2 colony of black/tan belly mice.

I was curious to see if anyone else names their mice and if so, how did you come across that name?

Male:
    Pacman- Since the first day we got him he's been on a constant scooting binge. He'll push and relocate the bedding to his liking. However...he only seems to do this in 90 degree angles. After several minutes of watching, laughing, and the "Waka waka waka" sound effects, we rightfully dubbed him Pacman.

Female:
    Squiggles- First mouse we decided to keep as a breeder. Initially didn't plan on buying her but had to in order to purchase our feeders with a debit card :/. Upon taking the 2 out of the box we found her to be very friendly and tame. After holding her for some time she began to make quiet, squeaky noises as if to try and talk to us lol. My girlfriend decided that she would be ours and she would be Squiggles.
    Jailbait AKA Spidermouse- The other female we decided to start breeding. She came straight out of the store prego...at such a young age. She seemed to drive the male mice wild, not sure why. She weighs in at 15g, belly and all. Her alias, Spidermouse, was received when we noticed her climbing the mesh roof of her bin. We sat and watched her for a while. To our amazement, she would jump onto the mesh food hopper and then spring up onto the hardware cloth top and start running around like she was on monkeybars. She continued to do so every couple minutes while Pacman watched from below in confusion.

What are your mice named?
    Visit my blog sometime! Fadere's Cirque du Chaos
    0.2 Normal Ball (Buttery McMuffintop aka Freddie, Slender Q. Thunderpants aka Slim)
    0.1 DSH Housecat (Loki aka Wafflenoggin)

Thanks

Re: Naming your breeders?

my story started of with a pet mouse named harold, later on my girl friend gave me a ball python as a gift, and thats where my breeding journey began ($1.50-$2.50 a meal for my snake...ya right) ha i started off with a "feed" before i had the snake. so naturally i name all my breeders and since harold was a brown mouse i only breed brown females... hahaha im just weird like that, but cuter pups than the albino ones

Registered User Freddiesinmyseat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JxPanda View Post
    my story started of with a pet mouse named harold, later on my girl friend gave me a ball python as a gift, and thats where my breeding journey began ($1.50-$2.50 a meal for my snake...ya right) ha i started off with a "feed" before i had the snake. so naturally i name all my breeders and since harold was a brown mouse i only breed brown females... hahaha im just weird like that, but cuter pups than the albino ones
    I prefer the brown ones over the albino ones as well. I like the white with black spots the most (as so does freddie lol).
    Visit my blog sometime! Fadere's Cirque du Chaos
    0.2 Normal Ball (Buttery McMuffintop aka Freddie, Slender Q. Thunderpants aka Slim)
    0.1 DSH Housecat (Loki aka Wafflenoggin)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

i named my male breeder Woody-because well...you know.. haha

i named my female Pam- after pamela anderson...well ya u prob got that. haha

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freddiesinmyseat View Post
    I prefer the brown ones over the albino ones as well. I like the white with black spots the most (as so does freddie lol).
    ive always wanted a tan one! my male is black and white streakes its rely cool