Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,103

3 members and 3,100 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: The story behind the Orange Dream morph.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyBoids View Post
    Here's the full story behind the Orange Dream... this mutation started out with a captive hatched female that I obtained in 2002 from my friend Ian Gniazdowski. This female had that banded look and I took her for nothing more than a cool normal at the time. I raised her up and over time I noticed that she was very different and loaded with Orange coloration. Her sides had the look of a Pastel with a lot of Orange Color especially around the tail. As she grew I suspected more and more that she was Genetic and not your typical banded animal. An old friend of mine that used to breed balls and boas stopped over my house one day and we were looking at and talking about Ball morphs. I showed him this cool Orange female and jokingly told him she would make me a million bucks and he replied, "keep dreaming." From that day on I called her the "Orange Dream."

In 2004 I bred her to a Het Albino male and she laid 4 eggs... they hatched and I produced the first two Orange Dreams, a pair to boot! They looked just like Mom and I knew I had a dominant gene and began praying that there would be a Super form. Since then I have gotten two clutches of OD to OD, both small and after having a few eggs go bad I hatched a total of 7 eggs with no Super.

Here's a picture of the original female:

Since producing this mutation I have made the following combos...

Here's the Yellow Belly Orange Dream on the right side of a normal Orange Dream.

Another Yellow Belly Orange Dream

The first Orange Dream Spider

Oz
    Hi OZ
    What was the original breeding your founder female came from ?
    Regards
    Rolfreptiles

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts

Re: The story behind the Orange Dream morph.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfreptiles View Post
    Hi OZ
    What was the original breeding your founder female came from ?
    Regards
    Rolfreptiles
    You'll likely get a quicker response if you email him directly as the last post in this thread (prior to yours) was nearly seven years ago.
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

Thanks
    What Eric Alan said - however, I will note that he said it was a 'Captive Hatched' female. That generally means that it was hatched in captivity from an egg that was either gathered from the wild, or produced from a female that was gathered from the wild already gravid, as opposed to 'Captive Bred', where a captive female was deliberately bred to a captive male. If that's true in this case, there is no way of knowing what the original breeding was, since it was between two wild pythons.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caspian For This Useful Post:

Christopher Pilgrim (04-11-2016),Devenco (04-12-2016)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123