Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,077

1 members and 2,076 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This Better?

Thanks

Is This Better?

Okay guys,
    i took everything you guys said in the last thread into consideration. I wanted the same, whole italian idea, but my old idea was TOOOO close to the godfather, and was using the same template!!! So i made a whole new one, which is using 100% Custom made material by me...The suit was made by me, the rose was made by me,everything, was made by me.. The font is just standard "Corleone" font, but i also customized it with snakes, to make it look different... ANd the puppet hand thing, also got cusomized.. Instead of the hand holding the sticks, its now holding two snakes...
    Tell me what you think... Nothing is being copied... Barelty anything is the same if you ask me.. Picture is different, text is kinda different (with the snakes), the puppet hand is different(its holding two snakes) and the name is TOTALLY different.. The only similarity is "the" and "god".. I dont think anyone can file a lawsuit on me b/c i used a family relation status in my name too... Also, the puppet hand was already totally different from the original one b/c it's part of the font i downloaded, not copied from an image...

Thanks

Re: Is This Better?

Anybody think its better? anybody? Pat, i know your seeing this right now.. Any jokes? LOL

Thanks

that is AWESOME!!!
    great job on it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to matt71915 For This Useful Post:

SGExotics (06-20-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's getting there. I guess my question to you is - who is your target market for selling snakes to? Mafia doesn't instill trust in me, mafia is "shady". If I didn't know you - and I saw your company name, I'd probably pass over it, because I simply have no interest in anything mafia related. To me, your logo shows you trying to be a "tough guy". I want to do business with a nice guy, not a tough guy, not a guy trying to be something that he isn't.

I know you're younger, and the Godfather and mafia stuff seems really cool to you, so maybe if your target is your peers (ie, age group), then maybe it will work for you.

When I said in my last critique to make something your own, I meant to come up with a unique name (not one borrowed from something else, even if changed around a bit), something that is UNIQUELY you.

Hope this honest feedback and my impressions help! This isn't to try to burst your bubble, because I can tell you really love the idea.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

SGExotics (06-20-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    It's getting there. I guess my question to you is - who is your target market for selling snakes to? Mafia doesn't instill trust in me, mafia is "shady". If I didn't know you - and I saw your company name, I'd probably pass over it, because I simply have no interest in anything mafia related. To me, your logo shows you trying to be a "tough guy". I want to do business with a nice guy, not a tough guy, not a guy trying to be something that he isn't.

I know you're younger, and the Godfather and mafia stuff seems really cool to you, so maybe if your target is your peers (ie, age group), then maybe it will work for you.

When I said in my last critique to make something your own, I meant to come up with a unique name (not one borrowed from something else, even if changed around a bit), something that is UNIQUELY you.

Hope this honest feedback and my impressions help! This isn't to try to burst your bubble, because I can tell you really love the idea.
    No im not trying to be a tough guy... And my company is nowhere tied to any part of the mafia... My grandpa and his brothers hate snakes lol... And to quote you on "Mafia doesn't instill trust in me, mafia is "shady". If I didn't know you - and I saw your company name, I'd probably pass over it, because I simply have no interest in anything mafia related. To me, your logo shows you trying to be a "tough guy". I want to do business with a nice guy, not a tough guy, not a guy trying to be something that he isn't." Thats a very big steryotype.. Just like how more than half of the world thinks snakes are evil, but you know they really arent right? Same goes for the mafia... Yes, they are a few families who are up to nothing but bad, and smuggling drugs, but when it comes down to who the mafia really is and why it was created (my families basis), then you will see a huge difference... Im not sure if you have any very Italian friends who have family who is in the mafia, but if you ever met my grandpas from both sides, and their brothers, you would think they are the nicest people on earth.. So friendly and caring, no matter if your black, white, chinese, indian, etc.. They like everybody... They just dont like the people who try to harm their family and friends, and that is one of the reasons the mafia was created... Not to smuggle drugs, and crime.. But to protect their family and friends.. To make sure their children were able to walk home safely, etc... So hey, if someone wants to pass over me b/c they dnt like my name, fine by me, thats who i am, and thats who i'll always be.. Same thing that goes for ppl who dont want to be my friend b/c i have reptiles, fine by me, thats who i am and thats who i'll always be...
    ~Brandon

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

I would have to agree with Robin, don’t get me wrong I love the Godfather Movies (I have all of them) but now when it comes to real world and doing business, the whole mobster idea doesn’t do it for me.

While I think you are pretty creative and talented with your artwork the idea of doing business with someone trying to portray himself as a tough guy or even mobster like, is something that does not appeal to me at all and that would make me pass.
    Deborah Stewart

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

SGExotics (06-20-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I would have to agree with Robin, don’t get me wrong I love the Godfather Movies (I have all of them) but now when it comes to real world and doing business, the whole mobster idea doesn’t do it for me.

While I think you are pretty creative and talented with your artwork the idea of doing business with someone trying to portray himself as a tough guy or even mobster like, is something that does not appeal to me at all and that would make me pass.
    read my reply to robin... it kinda clears some things up.. & LOL when the people seeing my business name realizes im 14, i dont think they'll truly believe im a mobster lol
    Thanks,
    Brandon

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DBD View Post
    read my reply to robin... it kinda clears some things up..
    Thanks,
    Brandon
    I read after I posted but it comes down to this: First impression, by looking at your logo people think, godfather, than they think mobster, than they think "if something goes wrong I'll end up with cement shoes" (I am exaggerating a little bit of course) but anyway more seriously people will NEVER see Mafia as a good thing.

The whole people seeing snake as evil doesn't matter as your targeted customer base already likes snakes however no one will think mafia is something good and when people look at your logo this is the first thing that come to mind, again first impression is VERY important.
    Deborah Stewart

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

SGExotics (06-20-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I read after I posted but it comes down to this: First impression, by looking at your logo people think, godfather, than they think mobster, than they think "if something goes wrong I'll end up with cement shoes" (I am exaggerating a little bit of course) but anyway more seriously people will NEVER see Mafia as a good thing.

The whole people seeing snake as evil doesn't matter as your targeted customer base already likes snakes however no one will think mafia is something good and when people look at your logo this is the first thing that come to mind, again first impression is VERY important.
    ya ur right, but im not trying to make the whole godfather idea too serious... As you can see, some of the letter have been turned into snakes, the puppet hands are holding two snakes lol... Its just to look fun.. When people see it i dont truly think they'll think "mobsters are running this company" lol and if i know most people, which i think i do, they will be more attracted to check it out and see what this whole mafia thing is about, and then if they message me, im sure they will, they will realize im a nice guy (sometimes ) and i dont mean any harm, and that there is no mafia backing up this company...

Thanks

It's really cool, but the guys are right. People make assumptions based on first impressions and if the first impression rubs them the wrong way, for whatever reason, they won't take the time to take a second look.

With that said, I think it is a creative spin on a pop culture icon. It's instantly recognizable and will strike a chord with a certain demographic for sure. Maybe not a very broad demographic, but I'm sure it will resonate with some and maybe make others curious enough to take a second look.

my $.02
    I break for turtles.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheNunciate For This Useful Post:

SGExotics (06-20-2009)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast