Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,732

2 members and 2,730 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

If I need to get rid of my rats...

I've been thinking about this for a long, long time, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites or personal connections that would be beneficial in re-homing my rats.

I am going to be moving again in another two months or so, and every time I move my rats get less and less attention. It isn't fair to them, and I'd like them to have a good home. I have put ads on Petfinder before, but no one showed any interest. I don't want to resort to the newspaper because you have to pay for that, and I have heard a lot of stories about people with snakes going through the classifieds and just picking up all pet rats for feeders or breeders. If these girls go, they need to remain pets. They are getting to be too old to breed, and I don't want them to become feeders.

If anyone has any advice, let me know. I'm willing to give away their mansion of a cage and their toys/PVC tunnels/food with them. I don't care about the money - I just want them to have a good home.
    Last edited by dr del; 06-14-2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: removing "adverty" phrase

Thanks

Re: If I need to get rid of my rats...

www.goosemoose.com, www.ratforum.com and http://www.bruxnboggle.com/forum/ all have rehoming sections. Goosemoose users can also let you know if there is a rat rescue group in your area.

Good luck!