Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,205

1 members and 1,204 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Sticky a General Snake info thread?

Everyday 3-4 days in numerous areas of the site,people post polls and threads"ball python vs retic",or"help me decide which snake to get",and i am glad they are asking opinions and doing research,nobody can answer that question for them,as we are not them.So,i was thinking,maybe on the top of each section,sticky a thread with some basic info and a link to care sheets about each species,on like,just the most common so it would be

Ball Python:

comes in many moprhs,size range,yada yada heres a link to a care sheet,heres a small rpos cons

corn snake:
    same thing

and maybe cut down on some of the more repeatedly asked questions some?
    1.0 blonde pastel,1.8 normal,1.1 het orange ghost 1.0 het butterscotch 0.1 het green ghost 0.1 het albino 0.1 rtb 0.1 yellow anaconda 1.0 borneo blood 1.0 albino burmese

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Sticky a General Snake info thread?

Why one sticky we have a whole site full of that info..People just have to take the time to do the reasearch.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

I don't think making it easier for people to find info will cut down on this issue. I think it is the fact that there is so much info that people ask these questions. If they only had one choice then there would be no need to get the opinions of others. Some people just like to have the opinions of others. The beauty of it all is that they can still ask for an opinion and if you don't want to give one then you don't have to.
    ***Tony S.***

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Caresheets are already available and a direct link can be found on the front page of the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell83 View Post
    and maybe cut down on some of the more repeatedly asked questions some?
    Not necessarily, sure they can go over caresheets and stickies, however some people prefer the 1 on 1 attention and guidance of someone more experienced and would rather ask a question.......and there is nothing wrong with that, this is why we are here for.

This is a forum a place where people ask questions and get answers, and while I understand it can get frustrating to answer the same question over and over again you have to remember that for the person asking this is often the first time they ask.

Finally the good thing is that if YOU are tired of answering the same question over and over again (and trust me there are time when I feel this way) all you have to to is not answer and skip to the next thread.... I am sure someone else will answer the question sooner or later and YOU on the other end will not have to feel frustrated.
    Deborah Stewart

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

oh i know it is a choice,but i was also thinking maybe one a stop shop so to speak,of some fo the pros and cons,might even make it easier for them to direct compare,like i said though,over all i am glad they are actually doing research of any sort,instead of"oh man that snake looks good,i'll take 3"
    1.0 blonde pastel,1.8 normal,1.1 het orange ghost 1.0 het butterscotch 0.1 het green ghost 0.1 het albino 0.1 rtb 0.1 yellow anaconda 1.0 borneo blood 1.0 albino burmese

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately too, we have so many stickies, that many people just are in the habit of scrolling right past them to get to new threads and completely miss them.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Unfortunately too, we have so many stickies, that many people just are in the habit of scrolling right past them to get to new threads and completely miss them.
    you know whats really sad,,,i should of thought about that,cause i do the same thing,,unless i am lookin for something specific,then i check the stickies