Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,827

1 members and 2,826 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

New Storage and Snake Room!

Well, I was inspired by someone elses post of their new construction, and since I just finished our new storage room, I thought I would post up some new pics. This also happens to be why I haven't had as much time to spend on BP.net (every free second goes into this new construction, as I need it done soon). The goal is to have it done by October before we leave to go to the Chicago Show. We have some big grow ups in small ARS tubs that need to move into CB-70s, but we are out of room in the old building. Also, once we get the new building done, we are going to build a walk-in incubator in the old building. The plan is for the old building to house babies and yearlings, and the new building to house the adults.

First up are pics of the new storage room. This is goign to house three pallets (one for rodent food, one for rodent shavings and one for snake bedding). The first pic is looking at the back wall from the doorway. Also seen are the exhaust fan and the light. Some of the plumbing can be seen on the left.

This is a pic of the left wall. Along this wall is where the pallets will go. Also, the plumbing can be seen. The plumbing for the snake room is stubbed off right now with the valves that lead to nothing. The wall that can be seen, is the back of the rodent room, and the plumbing going into the wall is for the rodent room. The bid pipe at the bottom is the drain for the rodent room sink.

This is a pic facing the door. On the top right is the intake fan. The two fans will hopefully keep the air moving and help keep the humidity down for the rodent food. Also, both switches are pictured, the door and the sub panel that will power the snake room and the ne air conditioners for the snake room and rodent room.

Here are pics of the new snake room. I will begin doing framing later this afternoon. If you look out the bright opening to the right, you can see the current snake building in the distance. That is the door for the snake room leaning against the back wall. The cement for the two new rooms was the first thing that was completed, and was done at the end of April.

This is the last pic I have for now. It is looking toward the storage room. That is the other side of the storage room wall, that is common between the snake room and storage room. The total new room when done should be about 28' x 12'. This will more than double our current snake footage.

Thanks for looking, and if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask away. I will post some updated pics as progress is made.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muddoc For This Useful Post:

neilgolli (07-08-2009),TheOtherLeadingBrand (06-11-2009)

Thanks

Re: New Storage and Snake Room!

Wow very nice Tim!

My wife and I are going to be in the market for a new home soon, and I have been keeping an eye on areas where I could build a similar 'snake shed.'

Very cool! Look forward to seeing the progress!
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!

Kansas City Chiefs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 971 Posts

Nice Tim!!!

Can't wait for more pics!

Thanks

Holy crapola Tim, How big is your property?....It looks awesome! Good luck with it!

Thanks

Looks good for a drunken carpenter! Just picking, Tim. Maybe I'll come see it in person one day.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerhart View Post
    Wow very nice Tim!

My wife and I are going to be in the market for a new home soon, and I have been keeping an eye on areas where I could build a similar 'snake shed.'

Very cool! Look forward to seeing the progress!
    Thanks Joshua. Let me know when you get to building something, and I'll give you any tips I can.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbloodaddict View Post
    Nice Tim!!!

Can't wait for more pics!
    Thanks Jon. Hopefully there will be alot of progress in the next 3 to 4 weeks. I really only get to work on this on Sundays, so progress has been slow.

Quote Originally Posted by monk90222 View Post
    Holy crapola Tim, How big is your property?....It looks awesome! Good luck with it!
    Thanks Charlie. We own 7 acres, so I have plenty of room to build as many buildings as I would like. Actually, however, I would like to stop building all of these small rooms, and would prefer to build a 1200 sq. ft. 2 story metal building. I just can't get all the money together before I run out opf space. I think this is the last small room I build though. From here I will limit the collection until I can build one big building to move everything into. A man can always dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bowden View Post
    Looks good for a drunken carpenter! Just picking, Tim. Maybe I'll come see it in person one day.

Thanks Jason. Let me know if you are ever in the area.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

8. The Following User Says Thank You to muddoc For This Useful Post:

Jerhart (06-07-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

A 2 story metal building is a real dream but lot of work (may be less than multiple small rooms ).

Damn, you are lucky in the south of the states to been able to build those stuff. Here with winter, it's totally impossible without big and big isolation etc.... But heat is not a concern at all. Well actually, it is cause it's can get too warm in the summer. But usually only for a few days so not a real concern.

Well good luck and keep us updated please

Thanks

Rock ON TIM!!!!!

That's absolutely the best reason EVER to pop open a cold one! Seriously... congrats on the new building! I'm still threatening to come and visit! But maybe I'll wait till your done with all the labor!
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Ridgecrest, California...Gateway to Death Valley!
    Thanks

I really wish I could pull this off, but my electric bill is approaching 400$ a month, and the outside temps in winter and summer are 20 to 130 degrees...
    So I am very limited to what I can house. I swear if i didnt have a good job, i'd sell my house and leave cali....wanna sell me an Acre? LOL

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

wow nice...my rodent building is soon getting a revamp. I doubt you have to deal with heating issues like we do in the north but I wondered, don't you worry about outside pests getting into your food and bedding when you let it on pallets?

I put mine inside bags and then inside plastic 55 gallon barrels. I actually store my bedding barrels outside year round without issue. I can normally fit 150 lbs with room to spare of mazuri 6f in each barrel (I keep 4food/6 bedding)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast