Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,017

1 members and 3,016 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Updated, show report with greenie mare

Ok, here's the report:

We arrived at about 7ish. She got off the trailer quaking and was really very up. I took her into the arena and walked her around the edge. She couldn't actually walk. She had to go sideways jigging for quite a long time. That was fine and we just went around and looked at everything, practiced transitions, asked for leg yield etc etc. She was about 18 feet tall. I lunged her lightly and asked for transitions etc to help her remember I existed.

Our first class was in hand at 8:35. She was still really nervous, still a little trembly, but aside from not being able to stand still for even a second and the hole we dug in the middle of the ring, she was ok. She trotted nicely and walked and was basically good. She got a fifth out of eight (?), and I decded to scratch her next class as it was ridden and she just wasn't ready yet.

Next class was-- I think-- an equitation class. No clue. I just was trying to get her in the ring. In this class-- first ridden class-- she just couldn't do it. She couldn't even walk and was totally stuck and frozen. I asked the judge for permission to go into the center of the ring and walk there. He was very grateful and happy for this. So we sort of whirled and twirled our way into the middle and then I got her off my leg and moving, the whole time the judge making comments saying how happy he was that I was doing this with her and that this was exactly what she needed and he was happy to see it. Very Happy

I scratched a bunch of classes and took her all over the grounds, lungeing, looking at EVERYthing, practicing TOF near scary stuff, transitions, all kinds of focusing stuff for her. An hour and a half or two of this so that she could ride in the rookie class for recent OTT standardbreds. Well THAT class was better. She was extremely extremely tight, but we managed to walk and trot both directions. (She has a canter but we chose WT because she just needed to have it as easy as possible.) My instructor described her as a little 'unruly'. But it was ok.

Last class was a special class for Ambassador Horses. These are horses that my breed organization sponsors or buys from race owners, retrains, and places in homes. My girls is one of these. She is sponsiored by the oprganization but still owned by her race owners until she is adopted. This class is for past and present Ambassador Horses and they read a little info about each one, what they are doing in their adoptive homes o if they are avialable, what sort of rider they need. Then they play music and the riders choose what to do. She was much much better by this calss so I was able to ride her well and she felt like she was connected and fairly relaxed and fairly balanced. The song was Jason Mraz's I'm Yours:

Some lyrics:
    Quote:
    Well, you done done me and you bet I felt it
    I tried to be chill but your so hot that I melted
    I fell right through the cracks, now I'm tryin to get back
    before the cool done run out I'll be givin it my best test
    and nothin's gonna stop me but divine intervention
    I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some

But I won't hesitate no more,
    no more, it cannot wait
    I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me
    open up your plans and damn you're free
    look into your heart and you'll find love love love love
    listen to the music at the moment people dance and sing with me
    Were just 1 big family
    And it's our godforsaken right to be loved loved loved loved loved

So, i won't hesitate no more,
    no more, it cannot wait i'm sure
    there's no need to complicate our time is short
    this is our fate
    I'm yours

Scooch on over closer, dear
    And I will nibble your ear

It was a really nice class and she started blowing and feeling so much better. Lots and lots of compliments from the judge and the people who knew her when and casual bystanders who just thought she was a pretty young thing who conquered a little greenie moment. It was very very nice.

~~ZinniaZ
    2.1.0 ball python-- James Herriot the Spider BP and Paradox, my son's female normal BP, Jack London, het red axanthic
    0.1 Blue Beauty-- Anna Sewall

Thanks

Re: Updated, show report with greenie mare

What a beautiful girl! Might be a little shaky, but it looks like she is on the right road now! I hope someone will see her pictures and want to bring her home.

Kachine Kolgon
    Two snakes and counting...
    0.0.1 Normal Ball Python ~Mambo~
    0.0.1 Classic Corn Snake ~Sweetie~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KachineK For This Useful Post:

ZinniaZ (06-03-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Thanks Kachine. I know she is green and babyish-- totally not a finished horse, but she has potential. I got the show pix from the photographer and made an album. Here it is:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/olgastei...Jvk__vig6_7Pg#

~~ZinniaZ
    2.1.0 ball python-- James Herriot the Spider BP and Paradox, my son's female normal BP, Jack London, het red axanthic

Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

That is such a beautiful horse!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ballpythonluvr For This Useful Post:

ZinniaZ (06-03-2009)

Thanks

Oh she is just so very, very lovely! How can anyone not fall in love with that face!
    ~~Joanna~~

8. The Following User Says Thank You to frankykeno For This Useful Post:

ZinniaZ (06-03-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Thanks, you guys.

She means a lot to me. Lots of horses get this far and are athletically superior to her. But she had to overcome some serious stuff to trust me and to allow me to help her get this far. I look at the photos, esp photo 13 and that FACE! Or photo 33. She is *so* brave and so vulnerable. I am proud of her.

~~ZinniaZ

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

She's goregous! I'm glad you were able to ride her at the end and show her off!