Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 324

11 members and 313 guests
Most users ever online was 5,577, 11-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 66,347
Threads: 241,137
Posts: 2,504,471
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KEVMATLOP
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    BPnet Lifer OhhWatALoser's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-28-2007
    Location
    Suburbs of Detroit
    Posts
    4,953
    Thanks
    515
    Thanked 2,638 Times in 1,446 Posts

    The Blue-Eyed Leucistic Ball Python

    Unless noted pictures from http://www.newenglandreptile.com

    This is a Blue-Eyed Leucistic



    It seems once a week I see a question somewhere, asking what makes a BEL (Blue-Eyed Leucistic) so mayb this will cut down on this repeated question.

    BEL are usually made from a Heterozygous Morph x Heterozygous Morph breeding or you'd already have a BEL or Super phantom

    BEL is the homozygous (super) form of multiple morphs, and yes they can be interchanged. You don't need a Mojave x Mojave, you can do Mojave x Lesser, Phantom x Russo Het, or any 2 morphs for that matter (only exception phantom x phantom, they will not make a BEL but a super phantom)

    here are the morphs

    Mojave



    a mojave x mojave breeding usually produces what i'd call a dirty BEL, they sometimes have a pattern, the head usually has markings on it, the white isn't usually a stunning white, but still a white snake with blue eyes, doing a lesser x mojave or anything else x mojave usually cleans the snake up.

    Lesser Platinum



    I was told a lesser x lesser breeding will produce the most stunning BEL you can get, but thats always going to be a debate.

    Butter



    Similar looking to the lesser, im told butters keep more of a gold color

    Russo Het Leucistic



    Doesn't look like the others at all does it? but also a Co-Dom morph that makes BEL and also does when crossed with the other morphs.

    Phantom



    These are an odd ball in the BEL club because a Phantom x Anything above will produce BEL, but a Phantom x Phantom breeding will produce a Super Phantom.....


    i got this picture off a forum, im pretty sure Ralph Davis Reptiles owns the picture

    If you want me to add anything let me know, but this should answer the same questions I keep seeing over and over and over.

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

    ARpythons (06-03-2009),bdevillier19 (07-01-2009),BjDavid (02-16-2010),CWalker (06-02-2009),ifun.jc (07-21-2010),Maurice Tebele (02-16-2010),TessadasExotics (03-16-2010),TheOtherLeadingBrand (06-02-2009),Whitney (06-03-2009)

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-13-2008
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: The Blue-Eyed Leucistic Ball Python

    nice info!

  4. #3
    Apprentice SPAM Janitor MarkS's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-22-2005
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    6,209
    Thanks
    1,535
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,594 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Images: 3

    Re: The Blue-Eyed Leucistic Ball Python

    Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post


    BEL is the homozygous (super) form of multiple morphs, and yes they can be interchanged. You don't need a Mojave x Mojave, you can do Mojave x Lesser, Phantom x Russo Het, or any 2 morphs for that matter (only exception phantom x phantom, they will not make a BEL but a super phantom)

    Mojave



    Phantom



    If you want me to add anything let me know, but this should answer the same questions I keep seeing over and over and over.
    Pretty good explanation, HOWEVER I'm pretty sure that a Phantom X Mojave will NOT produce a white snake. I think that it will produce a snake similar to the Mystic potion ball that Tony McCain produced which was his mystic crossed with a mojave (I think most people now agree that the mystic is another line of phantom)

    Here is a link to a thread with pics of mystics in it.
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...=Mystic+potion

    Sorry, I couldn't find a pic of a mystic potion but it looks very similar to a super phantom.,
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

  5. #4
    BPnet Veteran Spaniard's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-02-2006
    Location
    Farmingdale, Long Island
    Posts
    4,405
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 578 Times in 485 Posts
    Images: 2

    Re: The Blue-Eyed Leucistic Ball Python

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Sorry, I couldn't find a pic of a mystic potion but it looks very similar to a super phantom.,
    Here is a Mystic Potion pic.
    http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/photo.php?id=380774
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Spaniard For This Useful Post:

    MarkS (06-02-2009)

  7. #5
    Registered User amaurer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-26-2009
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Images: 3

    Re: The Blue-Eyed Leucistic Ball Python

    Super Phantom and the Lesser Platinum are my favorites that you showed. All of them are beautiful!
    Aaron

  8. #6
    BPnet Lifer OhhWatALoser's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-28-2007
    Location
    Suburbs of Detroit
    Posts
    4,953
    Thanks
    515
    Thanked 2,638 Times in 1,446 Posts

    Re: The Blue-Eyed Leucistic Ball Python

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Pretty good explanation, HOWEVER I'm pretty sure that a Phantom X Mojave will NOT produce a white snake. I think that it will produce a snake similar to the Mystic potion ball that Tony McCain produced which was his mystic crossed with a mojave (I think most people now agree that the mystic is another line of phantom)

    Here is a link to a thread with pics of mystics in it.
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...=Mystic+potion

    Sorry, I couldn't find a pic of a mystic potion but it looks very similar to a super phantom.,
    could someone vouch for this? ive always been told it made a BEL with all crosses

    and also im in violation in terms because i posted pics without written permission, i thought giving credit was good enough, i apologize, and they said i was allowed to post links to the pictures which i would do but i can't seem to edit my post... help anyone?

  9. #7
    BPnet Lifer Kara's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-06-2003
    Location
    TBC
    Posts
    2,933
    Thanks
    967
    Thanked 715 Times in 295 Posts
    Images: 6

    Re: The Blue-Eyed Leucistic Ball Python

    You may use the pics.

    K~
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tails &
    your online source for husbandry support.


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kara For This Useful Post:

    dr del (05-31-2009),OhhWatALoser (05-31-2009)

  11. #8
    Registered User matt71915's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-07-2009
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 99 Times in 90 Posts
    Images: 3

    Re: The Blue-Eyed Leucistic Ball Python

    would a super phantom x any of the others produce a BEL too?

  12. #9
    Apprentice SPAM Janitor MarkS's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-22-2005
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    6,209
    Thanks
    1,535
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,594 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Images: 3

    Re: The Blue-Eyed Leucistic Ball Python

    Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    could someone vouch for this? ive always been told it made a BEL with all crosses

    and also im in violation in terms because i posted pics without written permission, i thought giving credit was good enough, i apologize, and they said i was allowed to post links to the pictures which i would do but i can't seem to edit my post... help anyone?
    I don't think that Phantom X Mojave has been done yet. At least it hasn't been made public if it has. It IS known that a Mystic X Mojave will NOT produce a white snake, so I guess it all depends on whether or not you think a Mystic and a Phantom are the same thing.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to MarkS For This Useful Post:

    OhhWatALoser (05-31-2009)

  14. #10
    BPnet Veteran Buttons's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-25-2009
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 144 Times in 111 Posts

    Re: The Blue-Eyed Leucistic Ball Python

    I was showing my girlfriend this thread cause she loves BELs and she asked me a question that I couldn't answer.

    What would a BEL x BEL produce?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1