Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,837

0 members and 2,837 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Some of my Chameleons...

Every once in a while I take a break from reading through the forum to make a couple posts. I thought share some more recent pics of some of my Chams... Hope you enjoy...

Furcifer Pardalis, "Panther Chameleons"

I had been waiting for almost a year to acquire an offspring of one of the most impressive Ambilobe Panthers I have ever seen... Yoda. Yoda is very well known in the cham communities for being one hell of a stud, and having some of the richest reds you will ever see. He had been retired, but I was able to get in contact with the Nic at Chameleon Kingdom, who is great, and has become a pal of mine, and he was in possession of what at the time was the final Yoda clutch. I patiently waited for the hatching, and Nic sent me the biggest guy out of the clutch. He is 5 months old, and is starting to show some killer colors. Just wait till this guy matures... he is going to be a hell of a sight. I am working on acquiring a group of girls from another exceptional bloodline to breed him too... I will keep you updated.

Meet Sgt. Pepper

Thanks

Re: Some of my Chameleons...

Oops... Posted before I was finished... I will have to do the others in seperate posts... More to come in a couple mins....

Thanks

Here is McLovin and his GF Muffin,

McLovin' is almost 2yo now. He is my 75%Ambilobe 25% Nosy Be breeder. This gorgeous... and probably the friendliest chameleon I have ever kept... I have little "egg McMuffin's" that should be hatching the first part of next year. With Muffin being a true Nosy be, the offspring should carry a lot more Blue than Daddy shows.

Muffin, Nosy Be Female, almost 2 years.

Thanks

And I'll just share one more for right now... My pride and joy Lombardi... Some of you may remember him from my past threads... I have raised him from 2.5 months and he is about 11 months now. He is HUGE! I have eggs from him and his mate incubating as well... I know Pat gets first pick... but anyone can feel free to contact me to be put on the list for hatchlings when they arrive.

Funny story about him... Earlier this month I had him outdoors basking on his fav tree... When I stepped inside to grab the camera and I heard his tree go down... I ran out to find the tree laying on the ground, with a huge crows feather sitting right next to it. I panicked thinking that a crow took off with my cham, I searched for 2 DAYS! Nothin. I kept up hope cause while I could see a crow trying to land on the tree to get the cham, I could not see a crow flying of with a 200+ gram chameleon. I had just about given up when somebody gave me a great idea. One day before I went to work I put his female outside in a cage visible from most areas around my house. I came back 4 hours later to find Lombardi hanging on the screen of the cage fired up trying to get to the lady. Needless to say I was ecstatic to have my boy back.

Thanks everyone hope you enjoy!

~Joe

Thanks

Wow, those are some stunning animals!

You seem to know quite a handful about these creatures.. If I perhaps was looking into getting a single cham as a pet of some sort, but wanted a pretty one, how would I go about getting that?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blackcrystal22 For This Useful Post:

SoCaliSon (05-29-2009)

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Very nice!!!

Love your Chams
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks

Lookin damn good there Joe!

Crazy about Lombardi going AWALL.

He was on a mission and couldnt be stopped!!!

Thanks

amazing looking animals

Thanks

Thanks for the compliment Crystal.

If you were looking into getting one... A pet store would be last place I would recommend, but I'm sure we all know that. There are numerous well reputable breeders in the states that I could refer you too if you are really interested... You won't pay too much more (Maybe just on shipping) but it is WELL worth it buying an animal that you know has been hatched and raised in an ideal environment. Then you also have the benefit of speaking directly with the breeder that hatched them, and you can look at the parents of the cham to get a good Idea of what it will look like when it matures. Both panthers and Veileds make great first time chams, and they are two incredibly beautiful species IMO. If you choose panthers you have a lot of variety in what kind of color variation you want. There are several Locales of panthers that have a huge variation in coloration from Locale to Locale.

www.screameleons.com has a nice breakdown of how the different panther locales look.

~Joe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SoCaliSon For This Useful Post:

blackcrystal22 (05-29-2009)

Thanks

Thanks for the compliment Crystal.

If you were looking into getting one... A pet store would be last place I would recommend, but I'm sure we all know that. There are numerous well reputable breeders in the states that I could refer you too if you are really interested... You won't pay too much more (Maybe just on shipping) but it is WELL worth it buying an animal that you know has been hatched and raised in an ideal environment. Then you also have the benefit of speaking directly with the breeder that hatched them, and you can look at the parents of the cham to get a good Idea of what it will look like when it matures. Both panthers and Veileds make great first time chams, and they are two incredibly beautiful species IMO. If you choose panthers you have a lot of variety in what kind of color variation you want. There are several Locales of panthers that have a huge variation in coloration from Locale to Locale.

www.screameleons.com has a nice breakdown of how the different panther locales look.

EDIT: Thanks Everyone. Yeah Pat... It was a tough couple days thinking he was gone cause I was careless for just a minute. I couldn't believe it when I found him that day. It was awesome. He has a labedo that can't be stopped!
    ~Joe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast