Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,468

2 members and 3,466 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Big snakes, small enclosures.

I am a reptile noob, but have been watching and reading about BHB for a few months now, as well as got my first purchase from them. I think that they are just amazing. I get so much joy out of watching what they do. All I see from them is professionalism, and so much love for there animals. I would love to go visit them one day!! I am extremely assured that they do nothing wrong to the animals, including improper housing. For anyone reading this, I would say to check out BHB, snakebytes for yourself...you will see a bunch of people who love what they do, and produce high quality animals.

Thanks

Guys, point of the matter is, Brian has these snakes in too small enclosures. Yes, I've met Brian, yes, I've seen some of his animals. He's a great guy, but that doesn't excuse him from housing them in too small enclosures.

He's obviously had that Rock for a LONG time, and thus he had PLENTY of time to get it a bigger cage. That's a FACT.

And with all due respect, why should JP treat you mods any different than other people on the forum. What are you, the Aristocrats of BP.net?
    MH

Who the hell is Pat?

"Pattimuss doesn't run, he prances most delicately, like a beautiful but sad fairy, winged and capped, curly toed shoes on each foot, dancing on dewdrops while lazy crickets play soft music for him to keep time by...." - Wes

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DutchHerp For This Useful Post:

jknudson (05-12-2009),Mettle (05-20-2009),Mike Cavanaugh (05-16-2009),scutechute (05-18-2009),zackw419 (05-12-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DutchHerp View Post
    Guys, point of the matter is, Brian has these snakes in too small enclosures. Yes, I've met Brian, yes, I've seen some of his animals. He's a great guy, but that doesn't excuse him from housing them in too small enclosures.

He's obviously had that Rock for a LONG time, and thus he had PLENTY of time to get it a bigger cage. That's a FACT.

And with all due respect, why should JP treat you mods any different than other people on the forum. What are you, the Aristocrats of BP.net?
    Who is to say what is too small?

Also, many of the examples show only half of the tubs pulled out, and many are 'crammed' because they are wrapped around their water bowl.

No, they're the police of BP.net. And what happens if you assault a police officer in comparison to a normal person? A lot more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackcrystal22 View Post
    Who is to say what is too small?

Also, many of the examples show only half of the tubs pulled out, and many are 'crammed' because they are wrapped around their water bowl.

No, they're the police of BP.net. And what happens if you assault a police officer in comparison to a normal person? A lot more.
    Hmm I wonder who's to say... well, I suppose any person with an IQ above 25 can tell that a 15+ft heavy bodied Python species should not be kept in a tub where it can't move. And eh, the animal is quite fat.

And yeah, police are federal officers. Public forum moderators are, well, public forum moderators. And they don't act like police, but like you-can't-touch me "police"
    MH

Who the hell is Pat?

"Pattimuss doesn't run, he prances most delicately, like a beautiful but sad fairy, winged and capped, curly toed shoes on each foot, dancing on dewdrops while lazy crickets play soft music for him to keep time by...." - Wes

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DutchHerp For This Useful Post:

Mettle (05-20-2009),zackw419 (05-12-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DutchHerp View Post
    Hmm I wonder who's to say... well, I suppose any person with an IQ above 25 can tell that a 15+ft heavy bodied Python species should not be kept in a tub where it can't move. And eh, the animal is quite fat.

And yeah, police are federal officers. Public forum moderators are, well, public forum moderators. And they don't act like police, but like you-can't-touch me "police"
    If I'm not mistaken, this forum wouldn't be here without them and their hard work towards it. So, unless you want to respect the ones that keep this place together and pulled it together in the first place, you can leave.

Everything your still saying is opinion. Give me informational facts about how these cages negatively effect the animals except for your assumptions of size and the fact that it can't move, because if two can fit in one to breed, I guarantee it can move. (Not that it would much anyway.)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blackcrystal22 For This Useful Post:

771subliminal (05-13-2009),cinderbird (05-13-2009),rabernet (05-13-2009),Spaniard (05-13-2009),stratus_020202 (05-13-2009)

Thanks

I know many of you feel this was a personal attack.

I was just making a point that the enclosures look like they don't offer the large snakes alot of roaming space.

Aside from the whole "backstabbing" issue. Do you all honestly not agree with me? Is it not obvious the enclosure is too small for the afrock? I hear many of you have alot of respect for Brian and believe he is a great breeder and I hear that. But aside from that how can you agree that the cage for that afrock is a good fit?

Just because an animal can survive in an enclosure, doesn't mean its a good fit.
    0.1 CoastalxJungle Carpet Python
    0.1 Blood Python
    2.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 African Bullfrog

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zackw419 For This Useful Post:

DutchHerp (05-12-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zackw419 View Post
    I know many of you feel this was a personal attack.

I was just making a point that the enclosures look like they don't offer the large snakes alot of roaming space.

Aside from the whole "backstabbing" issue. Do you all honestly not agree with me? Is it not obvious the enclosure is too small for the afrock? I hear many of you have alot of respect for Brian and believe he is a great breeder and I hear that. But aside from that how can you agree that the cage for that afrock is a good fit?
    I have been told from multiple sources that the larger the snake, the less 'roaming' space they need. Snakes that large won't roam, and curl up in one place until their next meal or breeding.
    They don't need a whole lot of exercise.

Thanks

I have been told from multiple sources that the larger the snake, the less 'roaming' space they need. Snakes that large won't roam, and curl up in one place until their next meal or breeding.
    With all due respect, this made me laugh. Out loud.

I agree, they don't need a lot of space. But you should provide something bigger than a 6x3 tub!! It's just unethical to keep a 17ft snake in something like that.
    MH

Who the hell is Pat?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

I'm curious to know if anyone has notified Brian regarding this. I have not had the pleasure to visit his shop, so I have no first hand experience. I have a tough time believing that he does not keep his larger snakes properly. Are the snakes housed in those racks all of the time? Are they still housed there?
    I will comment that the mods and admin on this site do deserve to be treated with respect. I've noticed many disrespectful posts from new members aimed at mods and folks who have been around a bit. I do realize that just because you are new here does not mean that you are new to the hobby. I've also noticed that disrespectful noobs tend to not last very long around here.
    --Walt

14. The Following User Says Thank You to waltah! For This Useful Post:

monk90222 (05-20-2009)

Thanks

See, that's my point.

Just because a snake can survive in a tub that size doesn't mean you shouldn't provide it the space to roam when it wants to. Even if infrequent.
    0.1 CoastalxJungle Carpet Python
    0.1 Blood Python
    2.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 African Bullfrog

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast