Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,942

0 members and 2,942 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Shedding?

Thanks

Shedding?

So, I hate to keep making these dumb posts asking questions, but I've had my BP for 3 months, and she hasn't shed yet, and not even showing signs of now. And before the question is asked, my temps stay in the 90-93 range and the 80-85 range with an average humidity around 52%.

So, is there any reason she hasn't shed yet? I even mist the hides when I mist the cage like my one friend told me to.
    0.1 Normal BP - Steak

Thanks

Re: Shedding?

They shed when they grow essentially. So her diet technically controls her shedding.

They also can shed when stressed or when injured, but most often its because of growth.

How often do you feed and what sized prey?
    1.0: Honey Bee | Lesser | Banana Pastel Enchi | Clown 66% Het Albino
    0.1: Kingpin | x2 Mojave | Super Pastel HGW | Albino | Sterling Mojave Pinstripe | GHI Pewter | Pastel Het Clown | Sable 66% Het Clown

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Serpent View Post
    They shed when they grow essentially. So her diet technically controls her shedding.

They also can shed when stressed or when injured, but most often its because of growth.

How often do you feed and what sized prey?
    I'm taking it down to once a week (was twice, one larger "hopper" I believe, then a smaller pinky later in the week) But now I'm just going to give her a mouse a little bigger than the size of her sides like someone told me. Shes still not a year yet, so she's not quite chomping down rats yet.

I just the other day covered the exposed side of her cage with paper, so she can have more privacy, and since then she seems more relaxed, and I haven't seen any signs of injury at all.
    0.1 Normal BP - Steak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xKxLxHx View Post
    I'm taking it down to once a week (was twice, one larger "hopper" I believe, then a smaller pinky later in the week) But now I'm just going to give her a mouse a little bigger than the size of her sides like someone told me. Shes still not a year yet, so she's not quite chomping down rats yet.

I just the other day covered the exposed side of her cage with paper, so she can have more privacy, and since then she seems more relaxed, and I haven't seen any signs of injury at all.
    My guess would be that she hasn't eaten enough to grow quite a bit. I have a hatchling that is taking down small mice. So if yours is just coming up on a year I would suggest 1 small rat or 2 adult mice if she would take it.
    1.0: Honey Bee | Lesser | Banana Pastel Enchi | Clown 66% Het Albino
    0.1: Kingpin | x2 Mojave | Super Pastel HGW | Albino | Sterling Mojave Pinstripe | GHI Pewter | Pastel Het Clown | Sable 66% Het Clown