Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,320

2 members and 2,318 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: sad day:(

Thanks

sad day:(

Well ,as my husbands muscular dystrophy has gotton worse our black am. cockerspanial has gotten worse not listening to him. She's well trained for me to sit.stay.lay down.go,target,shake paw,leave it, stop barking on first command, walk nicely, trainable as she loves food and we know how to train her but she's not listening and getting in his way of the wheelchair with no fear to get ran over ( I think she reaslises he's weak). When my husband tries to get out of his chair she jumps on him and has almos really hurt him and her. she's way too stong for him and couldn't pull her off a water meter guy, I was in another room so I had to run and deal with her. My mom who has wanted an older dog( ours is two) for a while and mentioned really wanting her we decided it's for the best she goes to my parents house( my dad's home for a few more months as he's recovering from a heat attack so walking will be good for him). She'll get walks,fed well and of course proper care. My husband really doesn't like pets just tolerates them said it's up to me and I'm heart broken but I think in the end this is really for the best( he doesn't want to go to classes as he still works).We are keeping our tiny undersized bichon as she listens and obays him and isn't too strong risking both.
    Too many pets to list!

Thanks

Re: sad day:(

Rebecca I think you've done a wonderful thing here, I really do. Even though it's not the best for you, you've put your husband's needs and the dog's needs ahead of your heart. Sometimes life calls for these tough decisions and I applaud you for making the choices that will give both your husband and your beloved dog a better life.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

My heart goes out to you. That is a really tough decision to make, but I think you've made it so the only one having to sacrifice is you. Sounds like your doggy is going to a great home.
    Other Herps:
    6.20 Bearded Dragons (Hypos, Trans, Leathebacks, Reds, etc.), 1.1 Knob Tail Geckos
    Other:
    0.1 Mini American Eskimos, 1.0 Chihuahuas, 0.1 Terrier Mixes, 1.0 Chihuahua/Toy Fox Terrier Mixes
    1.0 Double Rex, 0.1 Beige Ruby Eyed Dumbo, 0.1 Hairless PEW

Registered User Repfanaticlady28's Avatar
    Thanks

That is very sad, but you're doing the right thing and it looks like she found a good home. Do your parents live close?
    Brook

Thanks

It is always sad to have to give up a dog but this one will really stay in your family and you will never have to wonder about his fate or if he went to good people.
    Do not resuscitate