Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,804

2 members and 2,802 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Down on the farm pics

Quote Originally Posted by neilgolli View Post
    Thanks Epona, I actually just hatched my first chicks out last week. I just used an old hobovator. I bought an egg turner and it worked out alright. I've looked at the Brisnea's and will probably go that way in the future because of the ease of use and capacity.

I ordered mine yesterday, if I remember, I'll come back and update you how well it does! I have a super old Brower that needs its thermostat replaced, but its an awesome bator, and I HAD a Little Giant, which with LOTS of attention worked good . . . for a few hatches.

Can't wait until I get the Brisnea

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Epona142 View Post
    I ordered mine yesterday, if I remember, I'll come back and update you how well it does! I have a super old Brower that needs its thermostat replaced, but its an awesome bator, and I HAD a Little Giant, which with LOTS of attention worked good . . . for a few hatches.

Can't wait until I get the Brisnea
    Yes, please keep me updated......
    Support my efforts to raise awareness and donations to the Alzheimer's Association in honor of my Grandfather Eugene......
    www.awalktoendalzheimers.com

"No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session." - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Well, we just could not eat all the eggs we have been producing so I built the sign Sunday and it went up yesterday.

Quick pick of our new bee hive. Hint, only "service" the hive very early in the morning or very late at night, they don't love it all that much at noon when they are busy working

Last edited by neilgolli; 05-19-2009 at 07:24 AM. Reason: forgot the word "don't" love it when your bothering them in the middle of the day
    Support my efforts to raise awareness and donations to the Alzheimer's Association in honor of my Grandfather Eugene......

"No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session." - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Now that's cool. I have always wanted to do some bee keeping. How's it working out? Are they honey bees? (Not that I know anything besides bumble bees)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    Now that's cool. I have always wanted to do some bee keeping. How's it working out? Are they honey bees? (Not that I know anything besides bumble bees)
    Yes, they are honey bees so far so good, no stings or any negative instances. The first few weeks you need to feed them a 50% sugar water mix as they don't have any honey to sustain themselves on. The first few days they did not mind me going in there any time of the day to feed them. After 4 or 5 days they decided that this was their hive and that I should stay back during working hours So I go in early in the morning and late at night. I don't wear any of the protective gear and a few weeks in I kinda have no fear. No animals have really made me nervous the last few years, but I'll tell you my heart was beating a bit when I poured 12,000 bee's into their new home and hundreds were flying around me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to neilgolli For This Useful Post:

littleindiangirl (05-21-2009)

Thanks

Just thought I'd share some updated photos of all these guys at 3 weeks old now

And these guys are some baby red star's that I just hatched this morning. The one on the far right is literally 10 seconds out of the egg

Pictures of snakes will start to come shortly just hatched out my first two clutches of balls this week as well as 3 clutches of carpets and albino and albino tiger retics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12