Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,627

1 members and 1,626 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Down on the farm pics

Had the camera out today and thought I'd snap a few quick picks.

Khaki Campbell Ducks

Araucanas (the easter egg layer) chicks. These guys lay blue and green eggs. The yellow one in the back is a turkey.

pygmy goat

pygmy goat, hanging out in the chicken coop. Unfortunately she a still born baby two weeks ago and pinched a nerve in her hip. She is finally able to run, jump and climb with all the others.

female red star chicken
    Support my efforts to raise awareness and donations to the Alzheimer's Association in honor of my Grandfather Eugene......
    www.awalktoendalzheimers.com

"No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session." - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

Re: Down on the farm pics

Thanks for the pics! , I miss farm life
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks

Awww! I Loooove Khaki campbells. Your EE's are looking great too. And your goat! Everyone here knows how much I love them

What type of incubator do you use? (If you incubate that is lol) I'm planning on buying a Brisnea, they're on sell right now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

omg i am so freaking jealous right now.

Maybe in 15 years or so I can have a farm

I'm hoping I can find a place where I can at least have chickens.. I've actually looked into aracunas already and they're at the top of the list!

My girl and I want to have an alpaca herd.. and our "ambitious plan that probably wont turn out" is importing and maintaining a herd of vicuņas in the US both for wool and to promote conservation efforts.
    Last edited by mainbutter; 05-02-2009 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks

I see you are enjoying your new place. I bet your kid loves all those animals.
    Thank you,

Mikey likes it!!!!

Thanks

I was just looking at your pictures again, and noticed your pygmy goat looks to be in some real need of copper.

Do you have loose minerals out for her? Do you know what a copper bolus is?

Her coat is what caught my attention, how faded it is.

http://www.u-sayranch.com/goats/copper.html

I could be wrong, but never hurts to check, right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Epona142 View Post
    Awww! I Loooove Khaki campbells. Your EE's are looking great too. And your goat! Everyone here knows how much I love them

What type of incubator do you use? (If you incubate that is lol) I'm planning on buying a Brisnea, they're on sell right now.
    Thanks Epona, I actually just hatched my first chicks out last week. I just used an old hobovator. I bought an egg turner and it worked out alright. I've looked at the Brisnea's and will probably go that way in the future because of the ease of use and capacity.
    Support my efforts to raise awareness and donations to the Alzheimer's Association in honor of my Grandfather Eugene......

"No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session." - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    omg i am so freaking jealous right now.

Maybe in 15 years or so I can have a farm

I'm hoping I can find a place where I can at least have chickens.. I've actually looked into aracunas already and they're at the top of the list!

My girl and I want to have an alpaca herd.. and our "ambitious plan that probably wont turn out" is importing and maintaining a herd of vicuņas in the US both for wool and to promote conservation efforts.
    You can house a hen or two in almost any backyard.
    http://www.backyardchickens.com/web/...og.php?id=9413

I actually just sheared several alpaca for the first time last month. I still don't understand the business of alpaca farming ($10,000 for a female, $500 for a male) with current wool only valued around $400 a year per animal I don't see the justification of the costs of the animals. Now I really love them and at $1,500 to $2,000 a pair, I'm in

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by novato View Post
    I see you are enjoying your new place. I bet your kid loves all those animals.
    When I first brought the goats home, Ethan thought they were horses and was super excited. For a week he called them horsey goats. Now that he's had them for awhile he wants a sheep so I'm trying to talk andrea into some baby dolls

Thanks

Great pics, Neil! I'd love to have some farm animals. A few bantam chickens have been on my wish list for 7-8 years already. Always more pressing projects, I guess. Someday...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast