Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,198

0 members and 2,198 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

First round in HR669 vs. Freedom / Advantage Freedom

The proponents of this bill of this bill proved today, April 23, 2009 exactly what they wish to do. The very fact that they continue to mislead and outright lie about the consequences that would surly result if this bill passed as written, is proof of what their ultimate agenda is. They are working hand in hand with the special interest groups that paid for their elections and who continue to fund their re-elections. They have stacked the deck with like minded idealogs whose best examples of invasive species were either brought in directly by the government or were accidental passengers on ship hulls and the like. These previous invaders would have zero regard for any law that might be passed. The fact is the pet industry is not the enemy but we are in the sites of those who just can’t stand the fact that we “humans” own and care for other “species”.

The fight goes on and the need for us all to be unified behind the most effective grass roots organization is of paramount importance. That organization is of course USARK which is not fractured or vulnerable to compromise that could sacrifice smaller portions of supporters in favor of the larger group. The same cannot be said for others who represent the interests of a wide range of others in the pet industry. USARK is in the fight directly and wholly to save our businesses and hobby while not working behind the scenes to compromise with measures that could in effect shut down portions of our industry. Such as the advocacy of a permitting process, which others have already endorsed, that would mean the death of entire groups of the Reptile industry. Our loyalties are to the Reptile industry and hobby alone. As such, USARK is the standard bearer and clear choice for all those whose primary concern is the impact that this legislation could have upon Reptiles.

The grass roots base that USARK has built, has delivered the most effective blitz of written letter communication with the members of the sub committee, charged with considering HR669. The impact of this is unprecedented and undeniable. The fact is the 49,229 paper letters that people signed, and Tom Wolfe, the USARK Lobbyist hand delivered, is exactly what let the opposition know they would be able to just walk all over us. We saw this morning that they now know this is NOT going to happen. This fight costs money that people like me, and many others who have taken this seriously, have been putting up to fund USARK thus far. The efforts of USARK can be even larger than it has been to this point and this need is something that every single one of us must participate in.

USARK has earned your allegiance and needs not only your moral support but you financial support. If you have not joined yet, do it today. We will all need to be vigilant and continue to do letter writing campaigns when called upon. Phone in campaigns when required, and yes perhaps direct appeals will be made in the future, like this one, to ask for additional funds to pay for the behind the scenes efforts that are necessary to make the greatest impact possible. This is your fight and YOUR business AND YOUR responsibility.

Since this is a personal message from me, I would like to personally say thank you to each and every one that has already participated at whatever level. I appreciate this very much and look forward to the time in the not too distant future that we will all breath a sigh of relief. This will happen! The more participation we have both financially and with boots on the ground, the sooner this will be possible.
    Jeff Ronne Sr
    The Boaphile
    Director USARK

http://www.theboaphile.com
    http://www.boaphileplastics.com

Thanks

Re: First round in HR669 vs. Freedom / Advantage Freedom

This is a battle, and it sure seems like a battle we can win if we stick together and work hard!

Everyone, give it your all!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

USARK is doing a great thing for the herp community and has brought us all together in doing so "waking the sleeping giant" that Washington is now seeing.

That said we also need to stand along side the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council (pijac) as they are our voice in Washington, and help unite us with the entire pet industry to form a stronger unified being.
    In doing so we are standing alongside all other parts of the pet trade and showing that we will not go down without a fight.

Keep spreading the word about hr669 and how it will affect everyone get as many people on board as possible. Lets put an end to hr669 once and for all!!!
    Thanks, Outback Reptiles
    josh@outbackreptiles.com
    703-365-2262 Office
    703-789-1697 Cell

Registered User Envied Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

Heres a couple photos i took:
    The good guy, and he did well in my opion. Was well spoken, new what he was talking about, and was probably the most straight forward and passionate of the "guest panel" and everyone else including the HOR memebers themselves.

And this is the evil with who ran the show.

Over all I think it went well. However the somoan (His name is eluding me at the moment) who is consponsering the bill had to have it clarified to him that the bill was for animals only not plants as he thought. Sad...
    --- enviedreptiles.com ---

Thanks

Yes friends this is indeed a battle. The herp community has a whole needs to operate as one voice, one army, and then band together will all of our other friends in the pet industry. Together we can and will prevail with greatness.

-Peace All

Thanks

are you serious....a co sponsor didn't even know it wasn't regarding plants!!!??? WTF is wrong with this!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

What about one of them that didn't even know that they were a co-sponsor. I can see where he was confused about plants - that Kudzoo scientist couldn't stop talking about kudzoo as an example.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

Jyson (04-23-2009)

Thanks

I recently joined USARK a few days back. Let me make this clear:

EVERYONE MUST JOIN USARK. If you have 1 snake or 1,000 snakes do the RIGHT thing and protect your hobby, business, passion, passtime, whatever the case may be.

If you are on this site, then you LOVE snakes/reptiles. DO the right thing and MAKE your voice heard. No more hoping someone else will do if for you, the battle lies in your hands to stand up for you reptiles. JOIN USARK and write letters and call your representatives! The time is NOW....

Sincerely,

Chris Behof
    CB Reptiles

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Behof For This Useful Post:

RebelYell83 (04-23-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

For the record - the "good guy" was Marshall Meyers of Pijac. If you listen to Reptile Radio, he's been a guest a few times.

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    What about one of them that didn't even know that they were a co-sponsor. I can see where he was confused about plants - that Kudzoo scientist couldn't stop talking about kudzoo as an example.
    Kudzu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudzu
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast