Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,909

2 members and 2,907 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help for Baby?

Thanks

Unhappy Help for Baby?

So, I don't know how many of y'all have seen the thread I've posted down in the adoption section, but I have to find Baby a new home or I have to put her down. I made the mistake of taking in another rescue, as well as picking up my beagle from my parents house as I want to make sure she gets her glaucoma meds as she needs them. As good and well as that sounds, point of the matter is, Baby can't really be trusted with other dogs. Things have gone fine now for several months, but recently Baby has been getting rather jealous if she doesn't get all my spare attention and has taken to picking on Cruiser in particular. They have gotten into two fights, the first was stopped as soon as it began, the other only lasted a few seconds before I could stop it, but by that time the damage was done. Cruiser had to go to the vet to get stitched back together, and it nearly killed me when I realized just how irresponsible I was thinking that things would continue to be happy and joyful forever between two dogs with painful histories, no matter how many precautions I took. Also, I was made aware that while I had Baby boarded at the vets office while I went on a cruise for spring break, she somehow managed to get into a altercation with someone's cat. No damage was done, but the fact remains she's on edge now.

I don't really know what to do. All the rescues that I've managed to get ahold of are refusing to take her because either they have more pitbulls then they can home ATM, or they would rather save that spot for a dog without the history she has... as there are plenty of pits that havn't shown violence that also need loving homes... more than there are foster parents. The general advice I've gotten so far is that it would be more kind in the long run to just have her put down, as I cannot give away my other dogs to keep her, nor can I justify continuing to put my other dogs at risk by keeping her.

It drives me mad because, short of my Beagle, Hallie, she's the most attached I have ever been to any animal, and to those that know me, I love every animal that crosses my path. But I cannot justify keeping her. I feel like I failed Baby, but it's beginning to look as though I'm going to have to put her down. Now that I've finally gotten her to come out of her shell, she loves to play with anyone or anything, problem is that she plays really rough. She even scares me sometime, because I know she could do some serious bodily harm to myself or others if she get's carried away.

I want to find her a home with someone who is experienced with dogs with troubled pasts, and doesn't really have any other animals or small children around the house, but that's a pretty small list. I even called my mom for advice, which I've never done before when it comes to animals well-being, but even she told me that unless I find a hermit on a isolated island, she's just too much of a risk. Anyone have any advice on the route I should take? If you're going to tell me that I'm a horrible person for considering putting her down, please keep that to yourself, because I know your angle, I just don't know what to do anymore.

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56873
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58051
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59723
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58430
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82906

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Help for Baby?

I know how painful this must be for you (((hugs))) I'm soooooo sorry to read this. I am here for you.

BTW, Baby is looking beautiful in that pink sweatshirt!
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

I'm sorry to read about what's going with Baby- I know what you've been through with her and how attached you've become. Sorry I can't really give you any advice- I've never been in that situation. But I wish the best for both you and Baby.
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

Thanks for the support. I mean, I want nothing more than to be able to keep her, but after having to have most of cruiser's ear re-attached and now matching scars on the other side of his face, there's no way I can justify that. On the same token, how can I give up on a bait dog who under my own care got mauled again? as well as the beagle I've had since I was 13?

BPnet Veteran recycling goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

You can't Ben... it's a horribly painful situation... but you can't.

(((hugs)))
    in light, Aleesha

You have 1440 minutes a day... how are you going to spend yours?

Thanks

Guess you're right... Gonna hold out a week or so just in case I manage to find someone. Till then, strict quarantine for safety measures.

Thanks

I'm so sorry for you.
    I worked at an animal shelter for quite some time and during that had to make some VERY difficult decisions.
    Just know that whatever comes of this situation you gave her all you could and enhanced her life while doing it. Which was SO MUCH more than she ever had.
    -=hugs=-
    "I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful." ~Marilyn Monroe

Thanks

Yea, I may have someone who'll take her, but I gotta do some research about the person to make sure they can handle her.

Thanks

Ben, did you ever get her spayed? Just curious.

Start watching Cesar Milan No one knows APBTs like he does.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SatanicIntention For This Useful Post:

littleindiangirl (04-22-2009),Spaniard (04-21-2009)

Thanks

I got her spayed about 8 months ago

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast