Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,463

2 members and 3,461 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Puppies!!!

Thanks

Re: Puppies!!!

Are they Blue pits? I can't really tell for sure from the pics. They are little cuties though Glad they all seem to be doing well and that you are a good breeder.

There are too many backyard breeders that we see on a daily basis where I work (Exotic Vet). They breed the dogs time after time after time. I definately applaud you for making sure you are breeding good health into the breed and that they are well taken care of.

Thanks

Re: Puppies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by llovelace View Post
    As far as the debators go.....well I'll just say this, With this breed of dog, it is not the type you want to get from a shelter without knowing the lineage or history of the dog.
    As the founder/director of a pit bull rescue (www.ebbrrfl.org) AND the owner of a rescued pit bull (as a 2-3 yr old adult) that is now a certified therapy dog through Therapy Dogs International, I find this statement incredibly disheartening. Thousands of rescued pit bulls are placed in loving homes every year by reputable pit bull rescues around the country with no ill effects. I understand you had problems with one you adopted, but you can have those same problems with ANY breed from a shelter. Yes, you rarely get to know the dogs history, but with an adult dog, what you see is what you get. Any trainer or behaviorist worth their salt would be able to do a proper temperament test on the dog and base the dogs adoptability accordingly. If you don't want to adopt from a shelter, fine, that's your decision. But how about a private, breed specific rescue? Most of the time, these rescues (such as my own) keep the dogs in foster homes. The dogs are treated like members of the family, not kept in kennels and get no training or attention. As well, a reputable rescue will not accept a dog without first having him/her professionally evaluated. With the millions of pit bulls in shelters, reputable rescues do their best to only accept the absolute best dogs into their program. There's no reason to take in a pit bull with a known bite history, or one that's extremely fearful of kids that could possibly turn into a fear biter. I have rescued & adopted out over 100 pit bulls in the last 5+ years, and not one...not a single one...has been anything less than a perfect breed ambassador. None of my rescues have ever shown any aggression towards a person, ever.

Anyway, I have completely gone off on the original topic. I just wanted to explain that just because a pit bull has ended up in a shelter/rescue, does not make it a bad dog and not worthy of a loving home. If that WERE true, this dog would be dead. He also would not be able to bring joy to children in elementary schools that we visit for the "Paws To Read" program. Magnum was an adult pit bull when he landed a spot at a high kill shelter in Orlando, FL. All I knew of his past was that his previous owners let him loose in a PetSmart.

To the OP, I too hope that this litter is the last for your dog. No matter the circumstances, there's no place for more pit bull puppies in this world that aren't from health tested (hips, elbows, cardiac certified, OFA'd, PennHip, etc...) and from conformation champions. There's no reason in this day and age to breed "pet" pit bulls. There's just too darn many dying in shelters. Why create more? Sorry I don't share the enthusiasm of new pit bull puppies. Try rescuing litter after litter after unwanted litter of pit bulls from shelters...I'm sure you'd feel the same.

0.1 Piebald "Piper" - 0.1 Lesser "Reese" - 0.1 Spider "Arana" - 0.1 Pinstripe "Inyo"
    0.1 VPI Axanthic "Nami" - 0.1 Black Pastel w/Ringer "Lina" - 0.1 Pastel "Gembi"
    0.1 Normal "Malia" - 1.0 Pastel Het Piebald "Karamu" - 1.0 Enchi "Lada" - 1.0 Pewter "Stone"

OTHER SNAKES...
    0.1 Rosy Boa "Loki" - 1.0 Albino Boa "One Eyed Willie" - 1.0 Albino Boa "Mateo"
    0.1 Orange Sunglow Boa "Caliente" (or just "Cali") - 1.0 Amelanistic Cornsnake "Sunny Tequila"

OTHER HERPS...
    0.2 Leopard Geckos "Keeta & Multan" - 0.2 Crested Geckos "Rexy & Alpha"
    Redfoot Tortoise "LT" - 0.0.1 Strawberry Pineapple Pacman Frog "Polo"

OTHER NON-HERPS...
    0.1 American Bulldog "Maui - 0.1 Shiba Inu "Mako" - 1.0 White Cat "Lucaya"
    0.1 Albino Skunk "Lakota" - 1.0 Hedgehog "Herbie" - 0.1 Chilean Rose Tarantula "Harriet"

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SugarFox03 For This Useful Post:

catawhat75 (05-31-2009),jglass38 (05-31-2009),Repfanaticlady28 (12-28-2009)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345