Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,767

3 members and 2,764 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

My dog's resurrection

My entire life changed this weekend. I went home from work on Friday (Good Friday)and found my entire kitchen floor covered in blood. My dog/best friend Cirrus of thirteen years was also covered in blood. He ran out the door past me and never came back. Obviously he went away to die. In thirteen years we have never been apart. I cried and cried and searched all night with a flashlight in the woods behind my house. When the sun came up I went on our regular morning walk. I didn't know what else to do. I have taken this walk with Cirrus every morning and evening for thirteen years. I was crying and quite certain he had died. But I saw him by the trail about a mile and a half away from home. I was able to get him home and to the vet. The vet told me he had not seen a case this bad and it looked like he had eaten rat poison. He told me Cirrus wouldn't make it through the night and they would try to make him as comfortable as possible. On Easter Sunday morning I get a call from him to tell me that Cirrus lifted his head and wagged his tail. He's never seen anything quite like it before and he will keep me posted but don't get my hopes up.

Monday morning he calls to tell me that Cirrus is dragging his assistant around the parking lot and he clearly wants to come home. I went to pick him up crying all the way. I took him for our usual walk and he pooped the most beautiful poop I have ever seen. I even thought about saving it! I had to sprint to keep up with him! Cirrus has never been more alive!

I use to say (tongue in cheek) that walking Cirrus was the best part of my day. I had no idea that it is actually the best part of my entire life.

If you have a dog that you love in your life go to him right now and tell him you love him and give him a great big hug!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jenn For This Useful Post:

DutchHerp (04-15-2009),katiadarling (04-15-2009),OhBalls (04-15-2009),scoobyark (04-16-2009),Shortandfat (04-15-2009)

Thanks

Re: My dog's resurrection

That is soo sweet. I am very glad to hear your companion is o.k. Just goes to show you that when you think all hope is lost, you can be very very wrong .
    1.0 Normal Ball Python- Little Dude
    0.0.1 Albino Kingsnake - Weiner
    Missi

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

My dog is my first one, and he is my bestest fuzz friend ever.

I love him very very much, and know exactly how you are feeling with your situation.

I'm very glad to hear that he is doing well for you, and hope he has at least a few more years of love to share with you.
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks

Awwww. That's awesome. My dog was put to sleep almost a year ago. My sister brought an unknown boyfriend over, and my dog went nuts. I've never saw him growl, and try to bite so much. So, while I was on vacation for my birthday, he was put to sleep by my father. It's still hard to think about, but I wish I could have had that one more day
    "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." ~William Shakespeare

1.1 Normals - Apollo & Medusa
    1.0 Pastel - Zeke
    0.1 Pastel het OG - Dixie
    0.1 Pastel het Axanthic
    0.1 Spider het Axanthic
    1.1 Mojave - Clyde & Bonnie
    1.0 Black Pastel - Conan
    0.1 Spider - Dizzy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    My entire life changed this weekend. I went home from work on Friday (Good Friday)and found my entire kitchen floor covered in blood. My dog/best friend Cirrus of thirteen years was also covered in blood. He ran out the door past me and never came back. Obviously he went away to die. In thirteen years we have never been apart. I cried and cried and searched all night with a flashlight in the woods behind my house. When the sun came up I went on our regular morning walk. I didn't know what else to do. I have taken this walk with Cirrus every morning and evening for thirteen years. I was crying and quite certain he had died. But I saw him by the trail about a mile and a half away from home. I was able to get him home and to the vet. The vet told me he had not seen a case this bad and it looked like he had eaten rat poison. He told me Cirrus wouldn't make it through the night and they would try to make him as comfortable as possible. On Easter Sunday morning I get a call from him to tell me that Cirrus lifted his head and wagged his tail. He's never seen anything quite like it before and he will keep me posted but don't get my hopes up.

Monday morning he calls to tell me that Cirrus is dragging his assistant around the parking lot and he clearly wants to come home. I went to pick him up crying all the way. I took him for our usual walk and he pooped the most beautiful poop I have ever seen. I even thought about saving it! I had to sprint to keep up with him! Cirrus has never been more alive!

I use to say (tongue in cheek) that walking Cirrus was the best part of my day. I had no idea that it is actually the best part of my entire life.

If you have a dog that you love in your life go to him right now and tell him you love him and give him a great big hug!

I'm so happy he's ok! I have 3 best fuzzies, and one of them's been with me for almost 11 years now & we've had close calls with her before too so I know how it feels.
    Other Herps:
    6.20 Bearded Dragons (Hypos, Trans, Leathebacks, Reds, etc.), 1.1 Knob Tail Geckos
    Other:
    0.1 Mini American Eskimos, 1.0 Chihuahuas, 0.1 Terrier Mixes, 1.0 Chihuahua/Toy Fox Terrier Mixes
    1.0 Double Rex, 0.1 Beige Ruby Eyed Dumbo, 0.1 Hairless PEW

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 888 Posts

Wow,i am glad he bounced back
    Joe Haggard

Thanks

Aww that's wonderful!

What kinda doggie is he?

I've had my cat Salem for almost 12 years, since my 11th birthday, and she's my best friend too. I can imagine how you must have felt.

Dizzy (Is never online anymore )

BPs:
    0.1 pinstripe (Brody)
    1.0 normal (Rogue)
    1.0 pastel (Valo)
    0.2 het albino (Dali & Vee Vee)
    1.1 het orange ghost (Max & Brook)
    0.4 poss. het pied (Polly, Nic, Marla & Fertility)

0.0.1 albino pacman frog
    0.0.4 fire bellied toads

1.0 bearded dragon (Bart)

0.1 the best cat in the world (Salem)
    2.0 kittens (Donny & Walter)

Thanks

I'm so happy for you. You and Cirrus are very lucky and you should definitely treasure all the time you have together.

Sadly I will be have to put my 15 year old dog down soon. For us our time is very limited and I am very happy to have had her in my life.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

glad to hear he bounced back. My stupid bichon fell from my kids bed only costed $400 to save her!!!!
    Too many pets to list!