Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,481

1 members and 1,480 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Birmingham Show Attendees - READ PLEASE - RE HR669

Hey guys! I had e-mailed Terry, the Dixie Reptile Show promoter to ask if he minded having some flyers at the front table where people pay to get in, and if we could pass out flyers at the show.

This was his response:

Yes, Yes Yes, You can have a table N/C if you would like to spread the word about hr669.Terry
    So - we have a table, and we have 3 days (including today) to get commitments from those of you coming, so maybe we can do shifts at the table and get the word out?

I'm going to print more http://www.nohr669.com flyers here at work. Does anyone want to try to print off a bunch of letters that we can get signed and try to FedEx off to USARK on Monday.

Work has me slammed these next few days with some huge deadlines, so I'll gladly accept any help!

If someone can print letters and put them in batches of 22 and can bring them, that would be awesome!

So - who's up for it? Shaun? Trey? Christie? Judy? I know Sean and Tim are already vending, so they won't be available to help out our table, but maybe we can steal Monica? Simon - think you might be up for it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

Re: Birmingham Show Attendees - READ PLEASE - RE HR669

Robin,
    I was planning on having some of those fliers on our table at the show. After the show is over, give me all of the fliers, and I will FedEx them to Tom on Monday.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Awesome! If we can have someone stuff envelopes and put return addresses on them at the table after people sign their 22 letters, that would be great!

But I really need some help in printing if anyone else can print as well. Like I could print up 440 of them (which is only 20 people), and someone else print up a certain number too?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

There are people all over the country bringing laptops with cellular internet cards to pet/animal expos this weekend in order to have people sign up for www.nohr669.com. I'll have a laptop somewhere (not sure which table yet) at the White Plains Expo in New York this weekend with the Pets in Peril video running on it and a browser up with www.nohr669.com. Anyone is welcome to come by and send an email through the site right at the show!

If anyone would like help with things to do at a table setup at a Pet/Animal expo this weekend, please email info@nohr669.com for tips and suggestions!

Thanks!

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ooooohhh! Anyone have a laptop that's going to B'ham to loan to the cause? Thanks for the tip, Adam!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki View Post
    There are people all over the country bringing laptops with cellular internet cards to pet/animal expos this weekend in order to have people sign up for www.nohr669.com. I'll have a laptop somewhere (not sure which table yet) at the White Plains Expo in New York this weekend with the Pets in Peril video running on it and a browser up with www.nohr669.com. Anyone is welcome to come by and send an email through the site right at the show!

If anyone would like help with things to do at a table setup at a Pet/Animal expo this weekend, please email info@nohr669.com for tips and suggestions!

Thanks!

-adam
    Hey Adam - Do you know if there is a way that you can use a cell phone as a modem with a USB cable? I do have the Verizon GIN on my phone. I think my phone also came with a USB cable, but I'd have to check.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

OK guys - got off the phone with Terry, and he's not sure if they have any internet connection. He is going to put our table next to Tim and Sean (or very close to them).

Terry said he is very grateful that we are doing this and was happy to help in any way that he could!

If ANY of you can do any printing of the letters to send to Tom Wolfe - please do so, in sets of 22. As long as we're sending the same letter per group, I don't think it will matter if it's different text.

And we can have an envelope stuffing party back at the hotel if we need to (and hopefully we'll need to!).

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

It needs to be sets of 23!!! Not 22. One of the names, Neil Abercrombie of Hawaii, apparently got dropped off most of the lists rather early in this process.
    Casey

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kc261 View Post
    It needs to be sets of 23!!! Not 22. One of the names, Neil Abercrombie of Hawaii, apparently got dropped off most of the lists rather early in this process.
    Noted!

Just printed up 690 copies (30 sets) and that's about all I can afford to print right now. If anyone else coming can print up some sets of 23 to bring it would be appreciated, even if it's just one set. Every bit helps.

Here's what I printed (from Yotaman - thank you!)

Printed with Arial 11 point font, the subject was bolded:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 18, 2009

Subject: No on HR669

Dear Committee Member,

Please oppose HR669. It is a fundamentally flawed Bill written by a radical environmentalist group that seeks to end the ownership and trade of all non-native animals. There is not a shred of scientific evidence to justify the destruction of a Reptile Industry that leads the world in producing and exporting high quality captive bred reptiles. With the stroke of a pen thousands of small American family businesses would be bankrupted overnight. With no quantifiable benefits, what could be the justification to destroy a viable sector of the American economy in a time of hardship?

What will the additional drain on taxpayer dollars be to grow USFWS at unprecedented levels in order to destroy American small business? These are not the "Too big to fail" corporate titans, but small family businesses with their entire net worth wrapped up in their Reptile breeding projects and ancillary supporting businesses. A 3 billion dollar a year industry would be wiped out by HR669. Thousands of American families would suffer losing everything.

- Trade in Reptiles and ancillary businesses are estimated to be a 3 billion dollar a year industry.
    - More than 9 million Reptiles are exported from the US annually.
    - More than 11 million Reptiles are kept as pets in the US. That means 1 in 25 households have 1 or more Reptiles.
    - The US accounts for 82% of the worldwide trade in Reptiles.
    - At least 500,000 Americans would be negatively impacted by HR669. Thousands of small family businesses would be destroyed.
    - There are approximately 4 million boas & pythons, as well as more than 7 million geckos, lizards turtles & other Reptiles in captivity in the US today.
    - The United States Association of Reptile Keepers Opposes HR669.

Please oppose HR669! The costs to American Families would be enormous. The benefits are both questionable and non quantifiable. NO ON HR669.

Sincerely,

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 618 Posts

I will have my laptop with me this weekend. If I can catch a signal in the show, I will gladly donate to the cause.
    Tim Bailey
    (A.K.A. MBM or Art Pimp)
    www.baileyreptiles.com
    The Blog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast