Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,796

0 members and 2,796 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Woo! Got almost all my parts for my 41qt boa rack!

Four 41qt Steriltes, Flexwatt/cords, Herpstat ND are a good start I think.

Two 4x8 sheets of Melamine from Home Cheapo. $32 each and the cuts were all free. Probably could have been more efficient because about 1/3 or one sheet wound up as scrap. Oh well, its not like it cost much.

Now all I need is a new soldering iron, pegboard for the back, aluminum tape, a lock rod/brackets and another Acurite. I'll get all that at Lowes tomorrow since the Home Depot here doesn't carry Acurites for some reason so I have to go anyway.

I am pretty stoked to get this show on the road. It's going to house 4 sub adult boas in the tubs and I'll also put my 20L tank with the BP on top. Final dimensions will be 5' tall, 3' wide, 17" deep. Not the most original thing in the world but it will be built well and work well. I just hope that stupid HR669 doesn't pass so I have something to put in it... I'll post pics when done.

Thanks

Re: Woo! Got almost all my parts for my 41qt boa rack!

Looks awesome!
    I have two 41q spots in my rack... however, I'm worried that they will be able to push out of the flimsy sides.

What do you plan on doing to secure them?

Thanks

I'm going to put 2 brackets holding a metal tube right in the middle of the tub. A boa or even a BP is not going to be able to make enough room to get out as long as the shelves are spaced tightly. I'm going to use CDs as spacers between the tub and the shelf so I have a very very small tolerance, that way they won't be able to push out. I've seen it done before, you just make the bracket loose enough where you can just lift the tube up, move it diagonal and lift it to get it out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBoa View Post
    I'm going to put 2 brackets holding a metal tube right in the middle of the tub. A boa or even a BP is not going to be able to make enough room to get out as long as the shelves are spaced tightly. I'm going to use CDs as spacers between the tub and the shelf so I have a very very small tolerance, that way they won't be able to push out. I've seen it done before, you just make the bracket loose enough where you can just lift the tube up, move it diagonal and lift it to get it out.
    Mine are even tighter than CD spaced (for that reason) and I still feel like I can pull the edges down far enough for the snake to squeeze out..
    We shall see. If he escapes, he won't be hard to find. :]