Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,884

2 members and 2,882 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: DIY: Homemade Garter Diet

very neat! thanks for sharing
    -Melody

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Thumbs up Re: DIY: Homemade Garter Diet

Thanks for sharing that, very much appreciated. I saw and read that on Alan Francis's web page and considered it at one time. It's just that I felt it wasn't complete nutrition because it was minus the internal organs of natural prey items. I know its supplemented with calcium and reptile vitamins. Even you said you supplement the diy formula with occasional nightcrawlers and pinkies. I guess it's time I gave the diy formula a try. Thanks again! Stay in peace and not pieces. Don't forget to donate to USARK so we can defeat the "lacey act" legislation brought on by USFWS.

Thanks

Re: DIY: Homemade Garter Diet

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    Thanks for sharing that, very much appreciated. I saw and read that on Alan Francis's web page and considered it at one time. It's just that I felt it wasn't complete nutrition because it was minus the internal organs of natural prey items. I know its supplemented with calcium and reptile vitamins. Even you said you supplement the diy formula with occasional nightcrawlers and pinkies. I guess it's time I gave the diy formula a try. Thanks again! Stay in peace and not pieces. Don't forget to donate to USARK so we can defeat the "lacey act" legislation brought on by USFWS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I have a few questions

Back in the days I had a turtle and made a similar food (he loved it, but died way to young - of drowning)

I put in dried shrimps, gammarus, mealworms and rat-pinkis as well. You can get frozen little whole fish and shrimps in asia shops too.
    I put all this inside together with vitamin powder and filets.

IF i ever house a garter snake could I do the same?

(to blend the rat-pinkys ... I am horrified to this very day...)
    4 Cornsnakes, 2 Housesnakes and 1 Ballpython

Breeding: ASFs, Spiny Mice, Fancy Mice, Pygmy Mice, Roborovski & Campbells Dwarfhamster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12