Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,215

0 members and 1,215 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Exotic Animal ban in the United States(HR669)

I wanna know how you guys are coping with the Exotic Animal Ban, this could mean the end to all importing/exporting, breeding, and selling of all our favorite exotic animals including Ball Pythons. Its gonna be voted on at the end of this month and will mean the end to all exotics. Its being pushed this time with force and is making its stand more aggressive than past animal bans. I just wanna know how all you big breeders are gonna cope and what will you do with all your animals, that you produced. Hinting BHB, RDR, and other big breeders. ??????
    here we go
    07 1.0 spider, 08 0.1 spider,05 0.1 spider,07 1.1 yellowbelly, 06 0.1 Ivory, 07 1.2 Mojave, 06 1.0 Jungle pastel, 08 0.1 Jungle pastel, 06 0.1 lemon pastel, 04 0.1 Burgundy (proven line),08 1.0 mystery blue(brother of the atomic ball),09 0.3 pastel jungles 04 0.1 wild cought mystery dinker #2, 07 1.0 son of wild cought mystery dinker #2, 06 0.1 mystery dinker #1, 06 1.1 100% het caramel albino, 08 0.1 high contrast albino, 08 1.0 spotnose, 08 0.2 100% het pied, 96 0.1 normal (aka shelly), 05 0.2 normals,06 0.1 savanna monitor, 05 1.0 savanna monitor, 08 7.10 leopard geckos (different morphs), 05 1.3 leopard geckos (0.1albino,1.0 het albino,0.1 carrot tail, 0.1 het albino
    99 1.0 indian ring neck parrot (polly my best friend)

Thanks

Re: Exotic Animal ban in the United States(HR669)

if it passes, im moving to canada.....not just for this reason but there are others

Thanks

i really dont see them being able to pass that. There are soooo many people with this hobby, I can't picture it being passed. Good luck to BHB though lol.

Thanks

Why sit around making plans about what to do with your animals after it passes when that time could be used to write emails and make phone calls to fight this now?

Why on earth are so many people acting like we as reptile keepers have no say in this? Get off those butts and take action while we DO still have a say!
    `*`

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadera For This Useful Post:

cinderbird (04-07-2009),snakegirl4life (04-07-2009),Spaniard (04-07-2009)

Thanks

i am usually not the activist type. but you guys are scareing the bejesus out of me with this stuff.

Wouldn't this eliminate a substantial portion of the pet industry. I'm counting billions of dollars cut form Petco, Petsmart, Local Pet Stores, etc.. I may not like those guys practices sometimes, but this would hit them hard. And the cost to inforce the policing of my living room to get my snake. It just seems like an aweful lot of money.

Now i dont want to sit by and hope they realize how stupid this is without doing anything. So i signed my petitions. I may even write my emails. But can this really happen? Am i understanding that they want to eliminate Gerbals, Snakes, Cockatiels, and a plethora of ofther non-native species? C'mon!

Someone enlighten me if i misundertand.
    2.0 Normal BP
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Albino Cal King
    1.1 Albino ASF
    0.0.3 YellowBelly Sliders
    1.1 Orange Cats
    0.0.2 Goldfish

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
    Why sit around making plans about what to do with your animals after it passes when that time could be used to write emails and make phone calls to fight this now?

Why on earth are so many people acting like we as reptile keepers have no say in this? Get off those butts and take action while we DO still have a say!
    Right on Shadera. No one should complain about this unless you have taken action. Come on folks.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

See sig
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

It helps if you actually do your own research and READ the proposed bill...as I did.

I believe there are a few preconceived notions already in circulation here.

This bill actually allows the Secretary of the Interior to create a list of approved and prohibited species to enter and circulate within the U.S. There are roughly 11 guidelines, however the one of most importance, related to BP's and other already "commonly" owned exotic animals is Section 4 paragraph (b) subtext (1) part (B) "may be harmful to the United States’ economy, the environment, or other animal species’ or human health, but already are so widespread in the United States that it is clear to the Secretary that any import prohibitions or restrictions would have no practical utility for the United States."

The most important part of this line "but already are so widespread in the United States that it is clear to the Secretary that any import prohibitions or restrictions would have no practical utility for the United States." Not to mention the first portion about causing harm to the economy... that is if restricted, as someone stated above, BP's and commonly traded species would cause serious damage to the already stressed economy.

Of course the list would STILL be subject to the whims of the Secretary of Interior and that is where the hidden danger is.

to actually read the proposal, go to http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...?bill=h111-669

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

I understand all the worry. Honestly they have way to many topics on this thread, they have atleast 2 other topics in different sections. If you're worried about it, then sign the petition they have for it, It's on the main page aswell, and on other sections like I mentioned, and it doesn't really need to be in every active section. The more you worry about it, the more it's going to bother you. So relax, sign the petition, spread the word.

*EDIT*
    Also I don't want the bill to pass, but i'm not always worried about it, I signed the petition, and that's about all I can do. It serves me no purpose to keep worrying about it.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Thanks

I don't know if this was already posted, but I had to search to find the address, so here is the petition:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/u...311/index.html
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast