Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,813

3 members and 2,810 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Hello from Missouri (sorry if its long)

Hi everyone! I've been reading a lot on the forums here for the last month or so just trying to absorb as much information as I can. I've always been fascinated with snakes but just never took the time to get into owning one and taking care of it. I've always been the person my family and co workers called on when there is a snake issue because everyone is scared of them usually.
    About a month ago I was watching TV with my wife and saw a show that had pythons on it. I half jokingly told my wife that our youngest son who is 7 needed a snake. She didn't say much so I later asked him if he would like one and he said YES! So after everyone talking about it we went to a small pet store and looked at the BP's he had and they were awesome. He breeds them himself and $59 wasn't too much for a male normal, so we spent about $250 before we left the store.
    We got everything including about 20 live mice, because we live about 60 miles away from that pet store and who can make that many trips for snake food. So of course we have to breed our own mice in the basement if we're going to own a snake. A couple of weeks later I found an offer I couldn't refuse for a 75 gallon aquarium complete with a 5 year old male BP, which now sits in the living room. I've done nothing for the past month but eat and sleep BP's, mice and of course now, rats. (8 of them)
    The morphs are fascinating and we're going to try our hand at breeding a pair of 100% hets for piebalds in a couple of years. Yea, we just ordered the 08 pair from Adam at 8ball pythons yesterday. What a great guy to deal with, which I already know most everyone here speaks highly of him, and for good reason. I'm sure we'll be speaking to and doing business with Adam many times in the future.
    Anyway, we've got plans of turning part of our basement into a snake room and hopefully get into breeding quite a few BP's in the near future. I'm hoping we can turn this fascination into a small business for our son when he gets out of school.I guess thats more than enough information for an intro. Thanks for taking the time to read all of this. Chris

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Hello from Missouri (sorry if its long)

to the site,

Sounds like you are well and truly hooked on BP's.

If you need anything just sing out and we'll try to help.

Oh and I look forward to seeing photo's of your snakes - we kind of have a picture addiction to go along with the snake adiction on here.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Welcome to the addiction! Adam is a top notch guy, you couldnt buy from anyone more honest and a pleasure to work with!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts

Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks

You've got bit by the bug now!
    Alice

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." Herm Albright

Thanks

Welcome to BPNet and the wonderful world of bp addiction...errrr...owning a ball python!

You've certainly picked a top breeder to go with your first pair of hets. That's a great decision on your part.

Our whole family, kids included, are involved in our snakekeeping (I have a 7 year old son too). I think you'll find that working with the snakes and their live prey is a wonderful experience for children. I've noticed mine picking up skills, learning some life lessons and becoming confident public speakers all due to the influences of this hobby of ours. It's a pretty cool thing really.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Welcome to the site!
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks

to BPnet. You could not have gone with a better breeder then Adam Wysocki!

I think about 7 years ago some folks got bit with the baby bug... I got a 7 year old boy.

You must post up pics of your snakes and you need to post up some pics of those hot little pieds when you make em!

Mike
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -
    Do you like Texas BBQ? Do you want to know where I will be so you can get some?>>>>>My Catering Company Facebook Page<<<<<
    reptilebasics.com Rich is awesome - texas4x4.org -pirate4x4.com

Thanks

Welcome to the site. I am also in Missouri, what part are you from? Adam has been the absolute worst thing for my finances. He has such darn nice snakes, and is such a stand up guy that I can't help but spend my money. I actually bought my het pieds from him, and have a lesser on the way. I always do business with him when I can.

If I may ask, what pet store did you go to to buy your ball?

4.9 Balls, 6.7 Corns, 1.1 Black Milk Snakes, 0.0.1 Sand boa, 0.1 BCI, 2.0 Dogs, 1.0 Child, 0.0.? Fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast